IBD, Southeast Investment Banking Group, Atlanta, Analyst
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Southeast Investment Banking team in Atlanta is looking for an Analyst with current banking (or related) experience to join the team.
The Southeast Investment Banking group is a multi-industry investment banking coverage group that provides broad-based, global service to clients based in the Southeast with expertise in M&A as well as equity, debt and high-yield financings. When working on deals you will have the opportunity to work on transactions across multiple industry sectors, including Consumer Retail, Technology, Media & Telecom (TMT), Industrials, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Natural Resources and Real Estate.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- You will create client pitches, offering memoranda and management presentations
- You will conduct extensive due diligence and industry research
- You will perform comprehensive analyses of pro forma merger scenarios, leveraged buyouts, public listings and financing alternatives using discounted cash flow, sum of the parts, public comparables and precedent transactions analyses
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree and at least 1 year of relevant work experience
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong analytical orientation, with experience performing financial and valuation analysis in Excel or comparable spread sheet tools
- A keen, long-term interest in investment banking
- Drive, enthusiasm, creativity and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong quantitative and technical abilities
- An outstanding academic record (recommended course work in finance, economics and accounting)
- Personal integrity, initiative and leadership qualities
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team in an environment that demands excellence, time and energy
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top