IBD, Management & Strategy - Finance Team, Salt Lake City, Analyst
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Bangalore, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world
The global Investment Banking Division (IBD) strives to provide best-in-class advice and execution excellence on complex transactions across mergers and acquisitions and financing (including equity offerings, debt issuances and derivative transactions)
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The responsibilities of the Management & Strategy team within the Investment Banking
- Provide Divisional Leadership with relevant and timely reporting and analysis tosupport strategic decision making, guide investment prioritization and business mix assessment.
- Prepare materials to deliver Divisional message to Investment Banking community, Firm Leadership and Investor Relations.
- Lead efforts on competitive benchmarking of Merger and Financing deal volumes, market share and fees.
- Develop annual and quarterly revenue and expense forecasts for internal budgets and regulatory stress tests (CCAR, DFAST)
- Act as a Divisional liaise, providing information and data to Firmwide constituents
- Deliver weekly, monthly and quarterly performance metrics reports to Divisional Leadership
- Perform ad hoc analysis and presentations based on current trends and initiatives in the Division
- Track and analyze the Division's competitive position in deal volumes, market share and fees using industry standard tools (e.g.,Dealogic, Thomson)
- Coordinate with Divisional CFO and Industry / Region CFOs to establish revenue and expense budgets
- Assist with the calculation and assessment of revenue forecasts submitted by the Division for annual regulatory stress tests (CCAR, DFAST)
- Review monthly expense activity to monitor allocations in from other divisions and trends in Divisional costs.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or related field
- Digitally savvy with the ability to synthesize large amounts of data to tell a relevant story. Must have an intermediate to advanced skill level in Miscrosoft Excel and Powerpoint.
- Strong quantitative and critical thinking skills with the capacity to quickly learn and develop new reports and analysis
- Candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic and team oriented
- Ability to multi-task
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top