IBD - Java Developer - VP - Bengaluru
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are looking for exceptional people who:
- Bring proven technical expertise ready to take advantage of a variety of technologies to facilitate new application development as part of a global program.
- Are enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Are interested in a deep understanding of scalable enterprise system design and micro services architecture.
- Are passionate about Test Driven Development and applying good test practices and different types of testing to promote rapid, reliable and resilient application development.
- Welcome challenges. Your technical expertise will be coupled with superior soft skills, enabling you to partner with our business users directly to translate their needs into innovative technical solutions.
- Capable of driving and managing communications with business, during critical escalations.
- Are independent thinkers and motivated by having complete product ownership; identifying requirements, design, coding, testing and deployment.
- Are ready to contribute to analysis, design and review of software solutions, understanding how our teams fit into the wider technical strategy and how to bring that strategy to bear on the work we do.
- Mentor new Developers joining the team, while promoting knowledge building and sharing across regions.
- Proven track record of quality code delivery and ability to self-run with projects (when required).
- Self-starter, self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong foundation in Java (8), Spring, DB (any) and UI development skills ( ReactJS/AngularJS) (or other UI frameworks) in a test-driven environment.
- Exposure to Sybase (or other relational databases) alongside SQL
- Experience with building and maintaining a micro-service based distributed architecture
- Experience in implementing automated tests through test driven development
- Strong development, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to excel in a global team
- Experience working in a global development setup under an agile development model.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage business expectations and escalations.
- Experience in developing distributed, scalable and stable applications.
- Ability to design and build solutions using common Enterprise Integration Patterns
- Experience with Apache Camel, RabbitMQ (or other event-based messaging) and Dropwizard
- Experience with building end-to-end testing frameworks for distributed systems
- Proven track record in self-running projects when needed.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top