IBD, FSIG, Business Operations, Salt Lake City, Analyst
- Salt Lake City, UT
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Financial & Strategic Investors Group (FSIG) provides both coverage and execution banking services to financial sponsors, including the world's largest private equity firms, family offices, sovereign wealth funds, and leading mid-market investors. The team assists clients across the life cycle of their investments, from investment-idea generation, leveraged buyouts, asset acquisition and financing through to monetization via re-financings, sell side advisory and IPOs. The group interacts extensively with all parts of the firm, providing an outstanding platform to learn from working with bankers across all product areas and industry groups.
The FSIG Business Operations Team is responsible for analyzing data and generating insights to support FSIG business initiatives and drive differentiated dialogue with FSIG clients.
- Identify business opportunities by tracking M&A flow across IBD and leveraging our proprietary database of sponsor portfolio companies
- Maintain our proprietary database by synchronizing data across industry groups and the GS company management system
- Source and analyze private equity data in response to bespoke client requests
- Source and analyze internal business metrics for firm leadership reporting materials and press events
- Implement strategic initiatives as outlined by senior partners and in partnership with IBD engineering in order to strengthen client relationships and make our business more productive
- Liaison between Legal, investment bankers, and clients on non-disclosure agreements and other process-related documents
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree and one to five years of work experience
- A self-starting and proactive work style, including the ability to take ownership of multi-dimensional projects
- Experience with aggregating, maintaining, and analyzing large data sets with excellent attention to detail
- The desire and creativity to drive process improvement, in part by leveraging technology
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the maturity to interact directly with senior partners
- An interest in private equity and the broader alternatives asset class
- Experience with third-party financial databases (e.g. Pitchbook, CapIQ, Dealogic, Pitchbook)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top