IBD, FSIG, Business Operations, New York, Analyst
- New York, NY
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Financial & Strategic Investors Group (FSIG) provides both coverage and execution banking services to financial sponsors, including the world's largest private equity firms, family offices, sovereign wealth funds, and leading mid-market investors. The team assists clients across the life cycle of their investments, from investment-idea generation, leveraged buyouts, asset acquisition and financing through to monetization via re-financings, sell side advisory and IPOs. The group interacts extensively with all parts of the firm, providing an outstanding platform to learn from working with bankers across all product areas and industry groups.
The FSIG Business Operations Team is responsible for analyzing data and generating insights to support FSIG business initiatives and drive differentiated dialogue with FSIG clients.
- Identify business opportunities by tracking M&A flow across IBD and leveraging our proprietary database of sponsor portfolio companies
- Maintain our proprietary database by synchronizing data across industry groups and the GS company management system
- Source and analyze private equity data in response to bespoke client requests
- Source and analyze internal business metrics for firm leadership reporting materials and press events
- Implement strategic initiatives as outlined by senior partners and in partnership with IBD engineering in order to strengthen client relationships and make our business more productive
- Liaison between Legal, investment bankers, and clients on non-disclosure agreements and other process-related documents
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree and one to five years of work experience
- A self-starting and proactive work style, including the ability to take ownership of multi-dimensional projects
- Experience with aggregating, maintaining, and analyzing large data sets with excellent attention to detail
- The desire and creativity to drive process improvement, in part by leveraging technology
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the maturity to interact directly with senior partners
- An interest in private equity and the broader alternatives asset class
- Experience with third-party financial databases (e.g. Pitchbook, CapIQ, Dealogic)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top