IBD, Financing Group, Syndicate - Structured Finance, New York, Analyst/Associate
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
The Structured Finance Syndicate Desk within the Investment Banking Division in New York is looking for an analyst/associate with current structured finance or distribution (or similar) experience to join the team.
The broader Structured Finance Group works with both third-party clients and on a principal basis to securitize a range of assets, including traditional consumer loans (e.g., auto, student loan, unsecured personal loans), syndicated loans (e.g., CLOs), mortgages (both commercial and residential), insurance exposure and transportation assets (e.g., aircraft), among others. Once structured, the Syndicate Desk works with the global fixed income salesforce to distribute the resulting securities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Candidate must have completed an undergraduate degree, have 1-3 years of professional work experience, and be available to start immediately (subject to any notice period required by their current employer, if applicable)
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
Ability to balance multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Drive and enthusiasm with a team orientation
- Current experience in structured finance or distribution preferred
- Good presentation / communication skills with ability to effectively interact with groups across divisions (e.g., salesforce, secondary trading, investment banking)
- Ability to form independent judgments and move transactions forward
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top