IBD, Financing Group, Salt Lake City, Associate
Investment Banking Division
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are a team of strong analytical thinkers who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are seeking an Associate to lead the team as it continues to grow in size and expand its overall presence within IBD. The team focuses on managing the process for obtaining internal approvals related to lending transactions, which includes authoring committee memos and working with other deal team members to ensure completion. The position will require detailed analysis of industry fundamentals, business risks, transaction economics and loan facility structures, as well as the ability to communicate effectively and manage others.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage internal capital committee process for relationship loans and other lending transactions, taking the lead on gathering transaction details, researching relevant companies / industries, authoring committee memos and obtaining necessary approvals
- Provide quantitative and qualitative credit risk analysis, including assessment and mitigation of specific transaction concerns, operating risks, and industry considerations
- Synthesize significant amounts of information into concise presentations for a senior audience
- Deliver excellent customer service to internal clients, working closely with various teams across IBD Classic, Debt Capital Markets, Credit, Business Intelligence Group, Treasury, Compliance and Legal
- Conduct analysis of terms, covenants and conditions for revolving credit facilities, term loans and bridge loan facilities
- Aggregate business case, calculate internal economics and provide scenario analysis
- Present transactions in weekly loan approval committees and manage completion of any potential follow-up items
- Provide staffing on transactions and manage workload of individuals within the team
- Create marketing presentations for senior leadership highlighting team productivity and initiatives
- Review and enhance internal processes and procedures to enhance workflow efficiency
- 4-7 years of experience in financial services
- Proficient understanding of financial markets and corporate financial analysis
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Solid attention to detail and commitment to delivering a high-quality work product
- Ability to manage time effectively and handle several projects concurrently
- Highly adaptable, with the ability to get up to speed quickly
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet transaction timelines
- Self-starter with the ability to proactively work through unexpected issues
- Must work well under pressure and have a positive attitude
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top