IBD, Financing Group, REFG - Capital Markets, New York, Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
INVESTMENT BANKINGOur division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
YOUR IMPACTThe Real Estate Financing Group (REFG) Capital Markets desk within the Investment Banking Division in New York City is looking for an Analyst with current banking (or related) experience to join the team.
OUR IMPACTInvestment Banking Division Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.REFG's Capital Markets desk is responsible for the syndication, securitization, structuring, pricing, and risk management components of our CRE loan origination business.
- Provide conduit and standalone loan pricing and be directly involved in loan origination while working alongside other teams within REFG, including Origination, Credit and Securitization teams
- Model CRE loan level and whole securitization cash flows
- Trade and manage interest rate and credit products to hedge loan book against market movements
- Determine loan values and report the group's profit/loss on a daily basis
- Participate in all aspects of loan distribution, from sale optimization through execution, for both securitizations and syndications
- Track industry-wide Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securities (CMBS) new issue activity and track group market share and wallet share
- Perform credit work on individual transactions and analyze real estate trends
- Build and manage client relationships to manage syndication flows and distribute risk into the market
- Interface with mortgage sales and mortgage secondary trading as well as external securitization partners and CRE loan clients
- Candidates who return full-time will benefit from gaining a diverse skill set and will be trained for a wider set of FINRA licenses than other IBD Financing group analysts:
- Series 7
- Series 79
- Series 63
- Bachelor's degree
- Relevant investment banking or related financial industry experience
- Has strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Has interest in the financial markets and/or commercial real estate fundamentals
- Is detail oriented
- Has strong interpersonal skills
- Is able to multi task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Is proactive and can work under tight deadlines
- Is a team player
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top