IBD, Financing Group, Equity Capital Markets - TMT, San Francisco, Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Equity Capital Markets Group within the Investment Banking Division in New York is looking for an Associate with current Equity Capital Markets banking (or related) experience to join the team.
Our Equity Capital Markets Group works closely with public and private companies, governments and financial sponsors to originate, structure, and execute equity financings such as initial public offerings, follow-on offerings, block trades, convertibles and derivatives. The group is organized by product (common equity and structured equity) and segmented by industry group. The group works closely with many other areas of the firm, particularly equity sales and trading.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- You will play a vital role throughout the entire transaction process
- You will target potential sponsors and raise new equity capital for corporate clients by performing buy-side investor research and equity roadshow layouts
- You will have to think creatively to perform investor targeting of potential institutional buyers, analyzing comparable companies and institutional cross ownership
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years' relevant work experience
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong analytical orientation, with experience performing financial and valuation analysis in Excel or comparable spread sheet tools
- Demonstrate maturity to work with all levels of professionals across the firm and outside clients
- Possess good judgment to make quick and complex decisions
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top