IBD, Financing Group, Bank Debt Portfolio Group, Salt Lake City, Analyst
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Bank Debt Portfolio Group ("BDPG") is a specialty team within the Investment Banking Division of Goldman Sachs, which manages Leveraged Finance led syndicated loans. BDPG is responsible for maintaining an active day-to-day dialogue with corporate clients while providing advisory services related to their capital structure needs. The team frequently handles in-bound inquiries from investors in syndicated loans and acts as a liaison between the lender syndicate and corporate clients. The BDPG team is also responsible for completing a thorough analysis of each corporate client, understanding and interpreting quarterly results, and providing the Leveraged Finance and broader Investment Banking franchises with periodic updates. BDPG is uniquely positioned within the Financing Group, which allows the team to touch various Investment Banking product areas of the firm, including but not limited to debt underwriting, derivatives, structured product offerings, cash management, letters of credit, and equity-like offerings.
- Undergraduate Degree in Economics / Finance / Accounting related discipline is preferable
- Experience with modelling and financial statements analysis
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to clearly articulate ideas
- Strong financial, analytical and organizational skills
- Highly motivated and adaptable; the ability to work on a team of diverse individuals
- Proactive; the ability to respond creatively and quickly in a fast-paced, high-pressure, changing environment
- Accurate and detail-oriented with sound judgment and integrity
- Keen interest in financial markets, specifically in leveraged finance and accounting
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top