IBD Engineering - Unified Data
- Bangalore, India
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
IBD Engineering - Data
The Investment Banking Division (IBD) works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world
GOLDMAN SACHS ENGINEERING CULTURE
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets
Engineering is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here!
As part of our global team, your role includes development, test and rollout of data platform features. You are expected to contribute to the vision and roadmap, and a world-class engineering culture, while integrating business value and client experience within the team. This initiative is of critical importance to the success of the organization and our roadmap. Services like liquidity analytics, billing, client onboarding, reporting and others will rely on the data platform. Accurate, granular, complete and timely data is a key differentiator and competitive advantage in the market place. We expect a successful candidate to have excellent communication skills, deliver high quality software and to be passionate about cutting edge data engineering.
As a data modeler, you will be expected to build data models across OLTP and OLAP requirements. Using LDM principles, warehousing guidelines, and strong business analysis skills, you will enable the scalability of our data platform initiative. A successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, deliver high quality software and be passionate about cutting edge data engineering.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Define and develop data architecture across Infrastructure and modeling methodologies.
- Ensure that data sets conform to logical and semantic standards with clear business definitions.
- Own the platform data model including access control, architecture changes, new system builds and enhancements.
- Encapsulate our models and definitions in a centralized data dictionary. Steward its utility, own its reliability, and enforce scalable change management.
- Develop expertise in subject areas represented by our data, understand what questions are answerable today and need to be answered tomorrow.
- Understand data lineage and forecast impact of changes to our data on downstream systems.
- Facilitate communication between internal departments for shared use of data and definitions.
- Be on the front-lines of new projects to surface business requirements for data platform.
- Maintain relationships with key contacts and senior managers across all BU's
- S. or higher in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Between 4-8 years of experience with at least 3 years in data modeling (across data warehouse, or NOSQL ecosystems), technical business analysis, ETL and business intelligence
- Minimum 3 years of relevant Big Data experience using a modern processing frameworks (Hadoop, Spark, Airflow, Flink) and programming languages (Java/Scala/Python)
- Expertise in database and data warehousing concepts (e.g. star schema, entitlement implementations, SQL v/s NOSQL modeling, milestoning, indexing, partitioning)
- Strong Problem Solving skills, self-directed and self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to liaise with both technical and non-technical teams
- Experience with data strategy, data governance and standards, data architecture principles, and metadata management best practices
- Experience in database performance tuning & optimizing complex SQL queries
- Financial Services or Fintech background
- Working knowledge of UML or BPM
- MongoDB, Cassandra experience
- Experience with analytics databases such as Snowflake
- Amazon AWS
- Project Management and organizational skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top