IBD - Digital Product Owner
- Dallas, TX
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Investment Banking Division (IBD) works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
GOLDMAN SACHS ENGINEERING CULTURE
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
As a product manager in our engineering team - you will help execute on the vision, strategy, and prioritization of our digital products - working closely with our business partners and software engineers.
Engineering is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Who we look for:
- Translate between business requirements and technology specifications - in both directions: top-down and bottom-up
- Manage inter-team and technology dependencies to mitigate project and product risks
- You are comfortable prioritizing work and lead a team to solving complex problems
- You are a thought partner to our internal and external users - understanding their business and influencing their processes
- You have the ability to break down initiatives, into epics, features and stories to get work done
- You have a fierce sense of ownership, caring deeply about the quality of everything that you deliver into your clients' hands
- You love the challenge of creating and updating a product, and are confident in your ability to bring clarity and direction to ambiguous problem spaces
- You work well in a fast paced environment while deeply invest in long term quality and efficiency
- Proven experience in and passion for building with engineering and shipping great products - this means you will need to understand and live by scrum methodologies and deliver customer value every sprint
- 2-4 years of product management experience
- Excellent communication skills and experience working directly with business stakeholders
- Ability to understand and articulate customer needs and turn requirements into actionable solutions
- Partner with software engineers to execute on product vision
- Blend of both strategic and tactical thinking- someone who can identify and prioritize opportunities in highly ambiguous contexts, and then organize thematic work areas in deep detail, thus aligning long term vision with iterative execution
- Ability to mobilize internal networks and resources
- Ability to generate ideas, identify and drive the development of new business
- Excellent organizational, time management and planning skills
- Strong quantitative background to support data-informed decision making
- Collaborative, team player attitude with the ability to navigate and influence the organization
- Comfortable in the fast lane: Experience with driving rapid team and product growth
- Mission Driven: Must be a strong believer in the team and mission
- Inclusive Culture: Considerate to the cultural differences of team and a diverse user-base
- Forward thinking: Anticipation of organizational needs for efficiency
- Salesforce experience
- Experience in financial services industry
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, and other product management tools
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top