IBD, Data Resources Group, Salt Lake City, Analyst
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summaries & Responsibilities
The Data Resource Group (DRG) will provide research support to the global Investment Banking Division (IBD) of Goldman Sachs. DRG's responsibilities broadly involve receiving ad-hoc data requests from IBD Analysts and Associates and providing the same from various data bases. The function includes interpreting the request, understanding the deadline, identifying the database best suited for the job, downloading the data, reviewing the data for any apparent anomalies and charting / presenting the data in agreed formats.
- Liaise with IBD deal teams to ensure an exact understanding of requirements and provide concise and focused research via Datastream, SDC, Dealogic, CapIQ etc
- Ensure deliverables are completed in a timely manner and adhere to quality standards
- Develop and maintain relationships with IBD Analysts and Associates across regions
- In partnership with Compliance and Banking Technology understand and explain copyright and data usage issues to clients as required
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Economics
- Self-confidence to interact with internal clients, and the ability to work under pressure. To excel in this role, candidates must have excellent PC skills particularly with MS Excel and strong numerical ability
- Think ahead, anticipate questions, plan for contingencies, find alternative solutions, identify clear objectives and make defensible judgments regarding workflow. See the big picture and effectively analyze complex issues
- Communicate what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and share information / new ideas with others
- Effectively handle difficult requests and help the client to identify / define needs and manage client / business expectations
- Present sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Take a position on issues and influence others' opinions and present persuasive recommendations
- Strong team player, collaborate with others within and across teams
- Successfully handle multiple tasks, be organized, take initiative to improve own performance, work intensely towards extremely challenging goal and persist in the face of obstacles or setbacks
- Demonstrate mastery of relevant market databases, possess strong technical analytical and quantitative skills, pay attention to detail, and take the initiative to broaden own knowledge
- Look for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
- Experience with MS Excel, Datastream, SDC, Dealogic and CapIQ a plus
- Up-to-date with emerging business, economic, and market trends
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top