IBD - Data Resources Group - Analyst - Bangalore
- Bangalore, India
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The global Investment Banking Division (IBD) strives to provide best-in-class advice and execution excellence on complex transactions across mergers and acquisitions and financing (including equity offerings, debt issuances and derivative transactions).
The Data Resources Group (DRG) provides research support to global IBD.
DRG's responsibilities broadly involve receiving data requests from IBD analysts and associates and providing the same from proprietary and third party databases. The function includes interpreting the request, understanding the deadline, identifying the database best suited for the job, retrieving the data, reviewing the data for any apparent anomalies and charting or presenting the data in agreed formats.
- Liaise with IBD deal teams to ensure an exact understanding of requirements and provide concise and focused research via databases
- Ensure deliverables are completed in a timely manner and adhere to quality standards
- Develop and maintain relationships with IBD Analysts and Associates across regions
- In partnership with Compliance and Banking Technology understand and explain copyright and data usage issues as required
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Economics and / or relevant field
- Minimum 2 months of experience in financial services / related field
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of Microsoft Office products, tools and utilities for business use
- Excellent academic credentials
- Experience with third party databases like Thomson Reuters, Capital IQ and Dealogic
- Interest in financial markets and familiarity with emerging business, economic and market trends
- Candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic and team oriented
- Ability and dedication to meet strict and aggressive deadlines
- Analytical mindset with an eye for details
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top