IBD, Classic, Technology, Media & Telecom, San Francisco, Analyst
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Investment Banking Division
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Technology, Media and Telecom Group within the Investment Banking Division in New York is looking for an Analyst with current TMT banking (or related) experience to join the team.
Our Technology, Media and Telecom (TMT) Group advises clients in the technology, media and telecom sectors on various financial transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, equity/equity-linked and debt financings, joint ventures, restructurings, and financial investments. Key sub-sectors in TMT include Software, Internet, e-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Publishing, Advertising, Broadcasting, Cable, Wireless, Hosting, Semi-conductors and Electronics and Hardware
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- You will create client pitches, offering memoranda and management presentations
- You will conduct extensive due diligence and industry research
- You will perform comprehensive analyses of pro forma merger scenarios, leveraged buyouts, public listings and financing alternatives using discounted cash flow, sum of the parts, public comparables and precedent transactions analyses
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree and at least 1 year of relevant work experience
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong analytical orientation, with experience performing financial and valuation analysis in Excel or comparable spread sheet tools
- Demonstrated interested in finance, companies, transactions and financial markets Position Details
- Strong team orientation, and a proven ability to work effectively with multiple different teams to solve problems and create client pitches
- An ability to think commercially about the needs of the industry clients
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
Careers Center - Investment Banking Division, Natural Resources, Vice President - Sydney
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top