IBD, Classic, M&A - Execution, New York, Vice President
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The Investment Banking Division (IBD) provides broad-based, global service with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, privatizations, and equity, debt and high-yield financings. The M&A Capital Markets effort is focused on building an analytical framework around and knowledge of general shareholder views on M&A as well as likely response of key constituencies to individual M&A deals. Team members work closely with deal teams and clients both ahead of deal announcement and in navigating
- Potential issues encountered post announcement. This is a dynamic role that blends capital markets knowledge with a broad understanding of M&A transactions and how the key players react to and interpret deals. Candidates should have a quantitative background with some experience in statistical analysis.
Vice President in the M&A Group will be involved in the following activities: M&A Capital Markets
- Analyzing and evaluating post-announcement market reaction of multiple constituencies
- Identifying deal characteristics, shareholder base demographics and other factors that influence the likely reaction to announcement
- Understanding how merger arbs evaluate and set up transactions, including familiarity with derivative as well as cash strategies for executing merger arbitrage
- Capturing key precedents and case studies
- Bachelor Degree and at least 7 years of investment banking or related experience
- Drive, enthusiasm, creativity and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong quantitative and technical abilities
- Personal integrity, initiative and leadership qualities
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work as part of a team in an environment that demands excellence, time and energy
- Candidates for this role should have a quantitative background with some experience in statistical analysis
- Capital Markets or related markets experience preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top