IBD, Classic, Financial Institutions, Chicago, Vice President
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Financial Institutions (FIG) investment banking group in Chicago is looking for a Vice President
The FIG investment banking group provides corporate clients across the Industrials spectrum with advice, access to financing and execution expertise across a wide range of investment banking products.
The Investment Banking Division (IBD) provides broad-based, global service with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, privatizations, and equity, debt and high-yield financings. Vice Presidents in IBD work with our clients in achieving their most important strategic and financial objectives.
- Master's Degree and 4+ years of investment banking experience; OR Bachelor's degree and 7+ years of investment banking or equivalent experience
- Strong track record of executing M&A and financing transactions in an investment banking advisory role
- 2+ years' experience in leading deal teams of analysts and associates
- History of outstanding academic and professional achievement
- Experience working with companies in the Financial Institution sectors, specifically Regional Banks, in the US, Canada and Europe is preferred but not required
- Strong team orientation and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with team members in multiple groups and regions
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top