Human Capital Management_Ops and Risk Management Team_Background Check_Bangalore
- Bengaluru, India
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in Bengaluru, London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
Founded in 1869, Goldman Sachs has long sustained a commitment to hiring and training outstanding leaders. Our business principles are rooted in integrity, a commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork. These values enable us to execute successfully a business strategy that is focused on extraordinary client service and superior long-term financial performance for our shareholders.
We conduct our business in increasingly complex markets. Our people must continually find new ways to provide access to capital, manage risk and provide investment opportunities for our clients to enable them to realize their goals. We judge ourselves on our ability to help clients anticipate and respond to changing market conditions and to create opportunities that merit the trust they place in us.
BUSINESS UNIT AND ROLE OVERVIEW
The Human Capital Management (HCM) Division comprises of centrally and divisionally aligned teams who specialize in addressing the needs of particular client groups.
HCM is made up several of departments such as Employee Relations who act as the internal consulting group to all levels of employees and management; Leadership and Diversity who help drive the firms commitment to attracting and retaining the best and most diverse talent at all levels; Finance who assist in the operation of the division; Pine Street and Goldman Sachs University who are committed to helping our people develop; Recruiting; Reward; Talent Assessment Group who manages the planning, development and talent management processes; Strategy and Management which provides HCM related services and counsel for HCM.
This open position is within the 'HCM Operations and Risk Management' team; the role is based in Bengaluru.
The role will be based within the HCM Operations and Risk Management - Background Check team and will be responsible for oversight of the on- boarding of contingent workers and employees hired into India and APAC offices.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Liaise closely with internal risk management partners with regards to escalation of issues with individual background checks.
- Providing reporting on status of background checks for variety of stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with regional Background check leads on requirements, need based resource allocation.
- Collaborate and assist in responding to Audit inquiries and investigations on behalf of the team
- First line management of employment restrictions including Government entity escalations with internal stakeholders.
- Liaise with regional BGC vendor for day to day monitoring of cases, including turnaround time, quality and accuracy of reports.
- Liaise with candidates for discrepancy resolution, adjudication of issues and BGC related concerns.
- Partner with the broader Background check team/coordinators to ensure adherence to agreed SLA & process as per standard operating procedures.
- Act as first level escalation for queries from Background check coordinators on day to day transactions .
- Conduct detailed analysis of candidate application versus resume submitted.
- Adhere to guidelines regarding confidential and sensitive information.
- Facilitate administrative duties supporting pre- hire background check
To be successful in performing this role, the candidate will need to demonstrate strength and experience in a majority of the following areas:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience: Min of 3 - max 9 years with a minimum of 3 years in managing core Background check transactions/process.
- Handle sensitive and confidential issues with complete discretion.
- Excellent attention to detail and methodical.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to Interact with various levels of clients across region and manage stakeholder expectation.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure; able to manage and execute effectively on multiple, time-sensitive projects, with keen sense of urgency
- Interact with all levels of employee and contingent worker candidates.
- Hands on experience on Microsoft suite: Word, Excel and PPT
- Analytical skills/ Documentation experience.
- Ability to be part of & work with a cross regional diverse team.
- Flexibility and ability to manage several projects/priorities in a very fast-paced environment.
- Experience in vendor management and driving service level results.
- Fast learner, highly collaborative, able to create trusted partnerships and strong consensus builder with confidence in interactions with stakeholders
- Functional Expertise - Keeps up-to-date with emerging business, economic, and market trends
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills
- Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
- Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
- Teamwork - Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
- Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others
- Judgement and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
- Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
- Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top