Human Capital Management, Services Team, Background Check, Senior Analyst/Associate, London
HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Our division recruits, develops and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design and implement strategies, processes and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results. We look for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity who want to make an impact on the success of the firm's most valuable asset, our people.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Human Capital Management (HCM) Division comprises of centrally and divisionally aligned teams who specialise in addressing the needs of particular client groups. This open position is at the Senior Analyst/Associate level within the HCM Operations and Risk Management team; the role is based in London. The role will be based within the Background Check team and will be responsible for oversight of the on-boarding of contingent workers and employees hired into EMEA.
- Oversight of a team carrying out background checks on contingent workers and employees hired into EMEA
- Team management responsibilities including resource planning and task allocation
- Work as part of the Firms Risk Management Community to ensure that Background Check procedures remain optimal based on commercial factors/current risk landscape
- Liaise closely with internal risk management partners with regards to escalation of issues with individual background checks
- Vendor management of background screening vendor, reviewing vendor queries and completed reports
- Providing detailed ad-hoc reporting on status of background checks for variety of internal stakeholders, including responding to requests for data for internal and external audits
- Conduct special project coordination (Immigration Reviews, Veteran Initiatives, M&A activity, global footprint changes, re-checking)
- Supervision of employment restrictions including Government entity escalations with internal stakeholders
- Management of HCM/senior/high sensitivity candidates through BGC process
- Final point of vetting for Pre-Employment Screening Decisions
- Conduct administration of background check vendor invoicing
- Advise business on background check requirements for vendor contracts
- Conduct detailed analysis of candidate application versus resume submitted
- Adhere to guidelines regarding confidential and sensitive information
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
To be successful in performing this role, the candidate will need to demonstrate strength and experience in a majority of the following areas:
- Graduate calibre
- Experience of Pre-Employment Screening or other Risk Management operational processes
- Analytical skills/experience
- High degree of discretion
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to appropriately manage confidential information
- Proactive approach with regards to developing systems and processes
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Ability to conduct Internet searches
- Ability to work within a team
- Languages would be an advantage, but not essential
- Flexibility and ability to manage several projects/priorities in a very fast-paced environment
- Functional Expertise - Keeps up-to-date with emerging business, economic, and market trends
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills
- Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks.
- Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
- Teamwork - Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
- Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others
- Judgement and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
- Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
- Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top