Human Capital Management, Global Mobility Services(Finance), Sr. Analyst/Associate- Salt Lake City
Global Mobility Services (“GMS”) assists and supports employees and their families when relocating to a new Goldman Sachs office and manages various tax and immigration programs. A major focus of the role will include managing mobility budget, driving global compensation reporting, P/L Cost Variance Analysis, and Cost Management of mobility expenses. Requires ability to work in a fast paced environment with a strong focus on analytical skills, client-service, proactively resolving issues and attention to detail. Role is based in Salt Lake City.
Responsibilities will require working closely with the global GMS team, Compensation Accounting, Accounting Services, divisional stakeholders, vendors etc. Involved in the management of various activities including mobility budget, p/l cost variance, compensation and payroll tax reporting.
- Reconciliation and projection of mobility expenses (vendor, travel expenses, expat allowances, tax equalization, etc.)
- Assist with invoice and payment processes, general ledger reconciliations and journal entry postings
- Reporting and reconciliation of mobility expenses to Compensation Accounting (payroll) to ensure amounts are captured correctly as income on assignees’ compensation statements
- Analyze, forecast, and report mobility expenses to divisional stakeholders to monitor their mobility budget more strategically
- Liaising with other departments of the firm, such as Controllers, Financial Reporting and Tax regarding a variety of finance and process related issues
- Mobility reporting and metrics for management; Various strategic projects
Basic Qualifications• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other business related field
- 3-5 years of similar work experience – Accounting/Operations knowledge an advantage with responsibilities including complex data reconciliation/analysis
- Technical Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office (strong Excel); Working knowledge of Oracle preferred
- Strong analytical skills and highly detail-oriented – ability to review data, detect and correct errors, take responsibility for data quality
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Enjoys working with numbers and complex problem solving
- Ability to work independently as well as in a global team environment
- Flexibility to work across multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Experience within a Global Mobility function a plus
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top