Human Capital Management, Employee Relations, Associate / VP - Hong Kong
Are you passionate about consulting with clients on people related matters? We're looking for an experienced Human Resources professional to work closely with our divisional leadership on resolving workplace issues as an employee relations advisor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Human Capital Management (HCM) recruits, develops and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams design and implement strategies, processes and technologies that help them advance professionally, drive productivity and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results. We look for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity who want to make an impact on the success of the firm's most valuable asset, its people.
The Employee Relations team acts as an internal consulting group on all aspects of the employment relationship, advising employees and managers on resolving workplace issues in a fair and consistent manner and promoting positive behavior throughout the firm. The work is invariably of a sensitive nature and requires a unique combination of skills to deliver workable solutions to a diverse range of issues.
We are looking for a human resources professional with a proven track record of solving complex problems, managing sensitive discussions and information, and maintaining relationships with a broad range of senior stakeholders. They should have experience working in a fast-paced and international environment where pre-empting and mitigating risk is a key consideration.
This role could suit an HR generalist/business partner interested in employing their skillset in a new field, or alternatively an employee relations specialist who would like to work in a proactive, advisory-focused ER function.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Provide advice to managers regarding all aspects of the employment relationship, including performance management, disciplinary actions, terminations and business restructurings.
- Investigate allegations of unfair or unlawful treatment and/or inappropriate behavior.
- Counsel individual employees regarding problems in the office and advising on health and personal issues that may impact work.
- Oversee adherence to firm policies regarding, among others, use of firm resources including e-mail and Internet access, protection of confidential information, etc.
- Oversee all terminations and implementation of severance policy.
- Assist in formulating, interpreting and communicating policies that pertain to employee relations issues.
- Conduct training programs to educate employees about firm policies regarding employee relations issues.
- Liaise with internal and external legal counsel as necessary to resolve employee issues
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Proven track record of managing complex issues and driving resolution
- Strong team and project management experience
- Ability to develop and build relationships at all levels, with a proven track record of acting in an advisory capacity
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and strong negotiation/diplomacy skills.
- Strong analytical and facilitating skills; the ability to bring groups with diverse views/priorities to a common resolution.
- Ability to approach issues strategically; anticipating consequences and navigating around unforeseen obstacles.
- Ability to think creatively and effectively, delivering commercially pragmatic solutions.
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills - a 'listener'.
- Well-developed organizational and administrative skills including attention to detail; client-service orientation.
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task.
- Experience in dealing with sensitive issues such as investigations, although this is not critical for the right candidate.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top