Human Capital Management, Employee Relations, Associate - Singapore
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our division recruits, develops and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design and implement strategies, processes and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results. We look for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity who want to make an impact on the success of the firm's most valuable asset, our people.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Employee Relations (ER) team, which is part of the Human Capital Management division, is dedicated to advising managers and employees. The ER team acts as an internal consulting group on all aspects of the employment relationship, advising employees and managers on resolving workplace issues in a fair and consistent manner and promoting positive behaviour throughout the firm. The work is invariably of a sensitive nature and requires a unique combination of skills to deliver workable solutions on a diverse range of issues.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide advice to managers regarding all aspects of the employment relationship, including performance management, disciplinary actions, terminations and business restructurings.
- Investigate allegations of unfair or unlawful treatment and/or inappropriate behaviour.
- Counsel individual employees regarding problems in the office and advising on health and personal issues that may impact work.
- Oversee adherence to firm policies regarding, among others, use of firm resources including e-mail and Internet access, protection of confidential information, etc.
- Oversee all terminations and implementation of severance policy.
- Assist in formulating, interpreting and communicating policies that pertain to employee relations issues.
- Conduct training programs to educate employees about firm policies regarding employee relations issues.
- Liaise with internal and external legal counsel as necessary to resolve employee issues.
- Proven track record of managing complex issues and driving resolution
- Strong team and project management experience
- Ability to develop and build relationships at all levels, with a proven track record of acting in an advisory capacity
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and strong negotiation/diplomacy skills.
- Strong analytical and facilitating skills; the ability to bring groups with diverse views/priorities to a common resolution.
- Ability to approach issues strategically; anticipating consequences and navigating around unforeseen obstacles.
- Ability to think creatively and effectively, delivering commercially pragmatic solutions.
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills - a 'listener'.
- Well-developed organizational and administrative skills including attention to detail; client-service orientation.
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task.
- Experience in dealing with sensitive issues such as investigations
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top