Human Capital Management, Business Partner, Analyst, Warsaw
HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Our division recruits, develops and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design and implement strategies, processes and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results. We look for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity who want to make an impact on the success of the firm's most valuable asset, our people.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group is a bank holding company and a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Goldman Sachs provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
BUSINESS UNIT AND ROLE OVERVIEW
The Human Capital Management (HCM) Division is comprised of centrally and divisionally aligned teams which specialise in addressing the needs of particular client groups. HCM is made up of several functions including Business Partners and Centres of Expertise. Business Partners (BPs) are responsible for partnering with divisional leadership on all key global HCM and divisional people initiatives and strategic priorities. HCM Centres of Expertise, such as Employee Relations; Leadership and Diversity; Pine Street and Goldman Sachs University; Talent Acquisition; Reward and the Talent Assessment Group, partner with BPs to provide advisory services to employees and divisional management.
Human Capital Management plays a critical role in managing the firm's most important asset, its people. As the firm's business principles state, the quality and performance of our people is what sets us apart in an intensely competitive market. HCM is responsible for a broad range of activities, including identifying and recruiting the best talent and partnering with managers to retain, develop and motivate our people to help them reach their full potential.
As a member of the HCM team you will cover a wide range of responsibilities for employees based across Europe.
• Working as part of a team with colleagues in Warsaw and London to provide a full HCM service to managers and employees in the Federation divisions in Europe that include Operations and Technology
• Supporting HCM processes and the annual Talent Calendar
• Developing a detailed understanding of HCM data, systems and processes
• Using HR Workways and other systems to manage HR transactions including transfers, terminations, leaves of absence, offer approvals and exit information
• Investigating and responding to manager and employee HCM related queries, escalating complex or high risk matters to colleagues where appropriate
• Providing analytical support for talent processes, e.g. performance reviews, nomination programs process, promotion eligibility, quartiling process
• Maintaining reporting lines across HR Information Systems
• Proactively identifying ways to improve and streamline processes and create greater efficiency
• Assisting with ad hoc projects and presentations for clients
• Adhoc reporting as required, e.g. employee and compensation rosters
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
• Approximately 1-2 years' experience gained in an HR role or a similar environment
• With international corporate experience, preferably gained in a Finance or Technology related industry
• Degree level education with strong English language skills and the ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
• Ability to work independently and possess a strong desire to learn and to work in a team oriented environment
• Strong attention to detail with proven ability to prioritise and deliver time sensitive tasks
• Analytical and problem solving skills with ability to use Excel and PowerPoint and to develop those skills further
• Ability to manage confidential information discreetly and sensitively
• Functional Expertise - Keeps up-to-date with emerging business, economic, and market trends
• Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills
• Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
• Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
• Teamwork - Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
• Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others
• Judgement and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
• Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
• Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations
Goldman Sachs is a meritocracy where you will be given all the tools to help you develop. At Goldman Sachs, you will have access to excellent training programmes designed to improve multiple facets of your skills portfolio. Our in-house training programme, 'Goldman Sachs University' offers a comprehensive series of courses that you will have access to as your career progresses. Goldman Sachs University has an impressive catalogue of courses which span technical, business and leadership skills training.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top