MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
HCM SERVICE MANAGEMENT: SERVICE TRANSITION MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Human Capital Management (HCM) at Goldman Sachs is charged with shaping our industry-leading people strategy and is in an exciting state of transformation to do so. Nearly every program, process and tool across the division is being redesigned and deployed to deliver a best-in-class experience to our leaders and employees. As part of our transformation we are also moving to a leading practice operating model consisting of Business Partners providing talent strategy and coaching to business leaders, Centers of Excellence setting strategy and developing programs for HCM value streams, and a customer-facing Service Delivery Organization delivering services across the hire-to-retire lifecycle to Goldman Sachs leaders and employees.
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Service Transition Associate role is a senior role in the Human Capital Management (HCM) division in Service Delivery. The Service Transition Associate sits within the Service Management team and is a key player in a wider HCM transformation program. You would be responsible for overseeing all aspects of technical, organizational, process, and physical site readiness to launch a new service in HCM. Examples of new HCM services you would prepare to deploy may include one or more of the following: end-to-end recruitment processing, performance management, learning services, compensation and total rewards, exit management and other services across the hire-to-retire lifecycle.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Program and Project Management to deploy new HCM services, being delivered from new locations, with new resources, and with new technology
- Develop detailed transition plans in collaboration with cross functional teams that will require analysis and evaluation of variable factors
- Collaborate with the service owner to establish clear service definition, in alignment with HCM service catalogue, and establish deployment approach and timeline
- Coordinate with 3 rd party HCM technology and service providers to prepare for service onboarding and/or off-boarding steps
- Oversee testing, application, data, and infrastructure readiness for service deployment
- Have a transformation mindset to identify process improvement / automation opportunities.
- Contribute and play an active role in managing various service management activities such as Performance Reporting, Governance, Change Mgmt, Incident Mgmt etc.
- Ensure HCM resources are fully prepared for a service go-live including overseeing knowledge transfer efforts between existing resources and new resources
- Oversee training completion for employees delivering the service, including standard operating procedure (SOP) finalization and adoption
- Ensure interaction and governance model is established to clarify roles, responsibilities, and hand-offs to effectively deliver the given service
- Plan, coordinate and execute a service dress rehearsal
- Contribute towards establishing preliminary service level agreements and partner with HCM service management reporting SMEs to ensure reporting infrastructure is ready to be deployed
- Help establish a hyper-care model for user support post service go-live
- 6 to 10 years' Service transition experience, ideally in human resources or other corporate function
- Familiarity with HR technologies, HR service models, and HR metrics
- Prior experience in process-driven transformation and continuous improvement methodologies and tools
- Experience in Financial Services industry preferred
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) and/or graduate degree.
- Detail-oriented problem-solver who is able to employ leadership, critical thinking, and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
- Highly collaborative, team-oriented, and strong consensus builder with confidence in interaction with senior stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure; able to manage and execute effectively on multiple, time-sensitive projects, with keen sense of urgency
- Openness to feedback and strong self-awareness
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity