Honest Dollar, User Experience, UX Designer, Associate/Vice President
We are looking for a self-motivated team player with the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment to join our Honest Dollar team as a UX Designer. Ideally, this professional should have a solid understanding of the user experience and application design, and be able to provide strategic solutions to complex problems in a timely manner.
Honest Dollar is part of our Investment Management Division (IMD). Honest Dollar is a globally accessible consumer portal for financial services. Leveraging cutting edge technology and a simple user experience, we deliver low-cost, transparent savings, investing, and debt retirement solutions. Honest Dollar is dedicated to helping people save in a society built on spending.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
As a UX Designer, you will be responsible for creating an outstanding user experience for Honest Dollar across our lines of business. This role is important and influential, as you will work closely with product managers, developers, and business stakeholders. We are seeking a mix of skill sets, including user experience information architecture, wire framing, visual design, interaction design, rapid prototyping, and RAD, within a startup product development environment.
- Turn complex problems into simple and engaging customer experiences for the web, iPad/iPhone, Android, and alternative devices
- Create wireframes, workflows, storyboards, and navigation maps that deliver a seamless user experience
- Communicate effectively and defend design choices, advocating for the customer
- Collaborate with product managers and developers to understand objectives and constraints
- Partner with our research team to design and observe user studies and translate research findings into insights and design improvements
Basic QualificationsEXPERIENCE & SKILLS WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years in interaction or user experience design
- Formal academic background in Human-Computer Interaction, Design, or related field
- Strong portfolio of work showcasing engaging, elegant, and delightful user-centered design solutions
- Experience developing UX for iOS, Android, and/or responsive web, with knowledge of common design patterns
- Ability to think strategically and translate requirements into effective solutions
- Belief that design can be improved through data
- Collaborative, open to critique with a curiosity to learn from diverse perspectives
- Self-motivated, comfortable following direction, and able to balance great design while meeting short deadlines
- Familiarity with wire framing tools, such as balsamiq and interaction design tools, such as InVision and Axure
- Solid understanding of usability principles, user-centered design methods, and interaction design patterns
- Passion for user experience and application design
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with basic finance industry concepts
- Experience operating with Agile teams
- Fluency with common design software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Keynote, Sketch) for the creation of visual design assets and presentations
- Maintains a dribble.com portfolio and ux.stackexchange.com account.
- Commitment to excellence and a high level of integrity
Preferred Qualifications• Experience with EFIGS preferred
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top