HCM-Talent Advisors -VP- Bengaluru
- Bangalore, India
HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Our division recruits, develops and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design and implement strategies, processes and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results. We look for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity who want to make an impact on the success of the firm's most valuable asset, our people.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
The Human Capital Management (HCM) Division unleashes human potential for the benefit of our firm, people, clients, shareholders, and communities.
As a client-centric, people driven business, we focus on the experiences of our people and support them through all aspects of their experience at the firm.
Talent Advisor (TA) teams advises leaders and empowers managers to unleash the potential of our talent. We work closely with divisional leadership to address on-going and strategic business and people issues.
Role Overview & Responsibilities:
This will be a critical role providing extensive HR solutions and strategy to a particular assigned division of the firm. The TA will be a partner to the business on a wide variety of people-focused activities, both strategic and transactional, including: Management of the annual compensation, promotion, hi-potential and succession planning.
There will be partnership with HCM colleagues within the functional teams and with global divisional teams to provide tailored solutions in areas such as campus and lateral recruiting, firmwide compensation, professional development and relocations.
More broadly, the TA acts both as the advocate of the divisional client with HCM to ensure that the people-related needs are considered and met, and also as the representative to the divisional client on HCM services, including those mentioned above and in Wellness, Employee Relations, Benefits and Diversity. They will be closely involved in various HR transactions on a regular basis, including designing competitive offers for laterally sourced candidates, meeting with candidates to explain benefits and the value proposition of the firm, and setting expatriate packages for incoming transferees.
We are looking for a candidate who is eager to succeed in a hands-on, high-volume and challenging role. 8+ years of prior relevant HR experience are essential, with expertise in at least one functional HR area. Building partnerships, managing senior stakeholders, driving consensus and facilitating dialogues are key factors for success so candidates should have a proven record of successfully delivering solutions through a group/team approach.
- Strong functional expertise - ability to advise and partner with senior stakeholders, help drive people agenda of the divisional clients
- Ability to drive processes and decision making in consultation with internal and external stakeholders
- Client and business focus - Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members, deliver on client commitments
- Judgement and influencing skills
- Highly organized, to respond to the variety and volume of responsibility
- Very communicative, to engage and provide an advisory cover to senior stakeholders, managers and employees.
- Comfortable working occasionally in ambiguous circumstances to forge new policies and ideas
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency at analyzing people-related data sets (such as the talent pipeline) to draw out answers/themes and an advanced user of MS Excel and MS powerpoint
- Knowledgeable about HR practices in India; an understanding of at least one of: HR practices, immigration practices, compensation, employment law or employment benefits will serve as an excellent foundation
- Working in finance currently, or in a high-paced and creative environment
- Service-oriented, with proven project management and organizational skills
- Prior experience in a compensation role is highly desired
Goldman Sachs is an equal opportunity employer. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top