HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Our division recruits, develops and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design and implement strategies, processes and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results. We look for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity who want to make an impact on the success of the firm's most valuable asset, our people.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financialservices firm providing investment banking,
securities and investment managementservices to a substantial and diversified client base that
includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is
headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other
major financial centres around the world.
Founded in 1869, Goldman Sachs haslong sustained a commitment to hiring and training outstanding
leaders. Our business principles are rooted in integrity, a commitment to excellence, innovation and
teamwork. These values enable us to execute successfully a business strategy that is focused on
extraordinary clientservice and superior long-term financial performance for ourshareholders.
We conduct our business in increasingly complex markets. Our people must continually find new ways
to provide access to capital, manage risk and provide investment opportunities for our clients to
enable them to realize their goals. We judge ourselves on our ability to help clients anticipate and
respond to changing market conditions and to create opportunities that merit the trust they place in
This role is part of the Compensation Operations team based in Bengaluru. The Compensation
Operations team is part of the broader Compensation function. The operations team has a global remit
and provides support to regional and global compensation teams of GS in Americas, Asia, EMEA and
India. Working closely with the regional compensation team, Operations team supports various
processes, transactions, activities related to the day to day working of the compensation function in each
region. The team is also responsible for proactively identifying ways to improve processes to achieve
overall efficiency and effectiveness.
Provide process and transactional support to regional and global compensation teams on key
compensation processes (e.g. Payroll process, Equity related processes (Stock Incentive Plan),
Transfer salaries, Various types of data validation and checks of key compensation elements, Ad hoc
requests for compensation data / ranges, Support on year end / annual compensation processes,
Respond to employee queries / Manage reward mailbox, Manual offer letters)
• Work with multiple regional compensation teams to drive processes with consistency and accuracy.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a global team environment.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment by prioritizing and executing efficiently.
• Identify opportunities to improve or streamline existing processes and transactions.
• Flexibility to work across multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities.
• Ability to analyze data and make judgments based on GS policies and standards
Overall 4+ years of experience in HR with 1 - 2 years in a compensation support role providing process
and transactional support to internal clients in a world class organization
• Technical Expertise - Compensation functional knowledge, strong analytical skills with expertise in
MS office applications (excel, PowerPoint), attention to details and the proven ability to deliver with
accuracy and thoroughness
• Time Management Skills - Manage multiple urgent deliverables and can prioritize workload to
anticipate and meet deadlines. Ability to deal effectively and work under pressure within a global
• Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests; builds trusting relationships with
clients and team members; helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business
expectations; delivers on client commitments
• Communication - Clear and concise written and verbal communication
• Teamwork - Collaborate with team members and regional stakeholders to add value
• Judgement - Handle high degree of confidential information with complete discretion
Goldman Sachs is an equal opportunity employer. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top