HCM, Reward, Global Ventures – Analyst/Associate – NYC
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Our division recruits, develops and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design and implement strategies, processes and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results. We look for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity who want to make an impact on the success of the firm's most valuable asset, our people.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Are you looking for a new opportunity to showcase your analytical, communication, presentation and client advisory skills? We have an excellent new position available within our Global Ventures team for an Analyst or Associate in the Human Capital Management (HCM) division.
As a division, HCM is at the forefront of supporting business growth and change at Goldman Sachs by recruiting, developing, and rewarding the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design, and implement strategies, processes, and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity, and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results.
The Global Ventures Team is responsible for leading employee related processes during acquisitions, divestitures, spin-outs and new office openings. The team serves as the HCM point of contact for business teams and depending upon the nature of the transaction, will provide advice regarding integration, retention, and employee communication strategies. This function requires liaising with other departments such as Controllers, Legal, and Tax and will also involve coordinating with other HCM functions, including HCM Business Partners, Employee Relations, Executive Compensation, Equity Compensation, and Global Mobility Services.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Individual must be a strong project manager with excellent communication skills. The role includes, but is not limited to:
- Assessing and evaluating HCM risks during due diligence/data gathering process
- Working with business teams and divisional HCM to develop HCM recommendations during a transaction, including compensation and retention recommendations
- Managing HCM related activities/processes from due diligence through integration and/or separation (includes review of deal documents, coordinating and leading working groups, and onboarding/transitioning EEs)
- Developing employee communication strategies – speaking points, frequently asked questions
- Liaising directly with business sponsors, Firmwide Strategy, divisional and functional HCM counterparts, Legal, Controllers, Tax, Technology and Compliance
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree in an analytical field such as Finance, Accounting, or Mathematics or a related field in HR
- Approximately 2 - 5 years of relevant work experience
- Strong project management skills; ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive projects while focusing on the quality of work delivered to clients
- Thinks multiple steps ahead; prepares for potential problems and escalates issues when appropriate; and juggles competing deadlines effectively
- Comfortable working with and analyzing data and presenting results that tell a clear and compelling story, preference for individuals with strong Power Point skills
- Ability to work with Excel on a day to day basis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to develop relationships with professionals across several HCM groups and act as an effective liaison to meet client needs
- Ability to work well both independently and in a global team environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top