HCM, Product Management, Junior Product Manager, Associate - Jersey City
HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Our division recruits, develops and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design and implement strategies, processes and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results. We look for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity who want to make an impact on the success of the firm's most valuable asset, our people.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
Are you looking for a new opportunity to showcase your project management, analytical, and problem-solving skills? Do you love working with technology and improving process flows? We have an excellent new position available within our Product Management team in the Human Capital Management (HCM) division.
As a division, HCM recruits, develops, and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design, and implement strategies, processes, and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity, and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results.
HCM Product Management works with their clients and the Technology division to analyze, design, tests and implement new and/or improved processes that are more efficient and better mitigate risk by leveraging technology.
This junior product manager role is aligned with the Recruiting function within HCM and is responsible for the administration of the campus and lateral recruiting systems and provides ongoing support through the year and during critical time dependent cyclical processes.
The individual is required to work and manage the service delivery lifecycle (SDLC) of recruiting applications and platforms from the functional standpoint. The role will require the individual to work with clients, our internal HCM technology team and various vendors to analyze, design, test and implement enhancements to the systems that are required to drive our key recruiting processes.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Collaborate with internal functional owners/stakeholders to gather operational and business system requirements;
- Assess and analyze operational and business system requirements to develop business process and system improvement documentation (BRDs, FRDs, Process Maps, data dictionaries, etc.) as appropriate. Collaborate with functional and technical teams to creatively apply business requirements to SaaS or internal tools;
- Prioritize change requests to address stakeholder/regulatory requirements, including describing requested change, business justification and preliminary requirement gathering; review with management for approval
- Manage critical system launches ahead of key points in the recruiting process;
- Work with the vendors and internal team to implement robust controls in the platforms they own and mitigate operational risks;
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues / queries in applications reported by Data Management and end users. Determine if breaks are data or software related and recommend solutions to appropriate technology teams;
- Build relationships with stakeholders and work to identify oneself as a subject matter expert;
- Maintain associated documentation, including data dictionaries, process maps, user procedures, edits and validations, report specifications, interface specifications, training and system flow diagrams.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience: 4+ years of work experience in HR systems and operations. Must be able to deliver results in a high pressure, quick-paced environment.
- Technical/Functional Expertise: Knowledge of systems analysis, SDLC and information technology solutions; Participation in a major HR system implementation - Applicant Tracking System preferred; Proven ability to diagnose a problem and recommend solutions
- Drive & Motivation: Able to handle multiple tasks concurrently; takes necessary action without being asked; works intensely towards challenging goals; persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks.
- Teamwork: Ability to work across functions and regions.
- Communications: Strong listening, presentation, and written communication skills
- Client and Business Focus : Effectively builds relationships with platform users and technology partners
- Project Management: Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Prior experience in project management's tools such as MS Project, Jira is preferable
- Decision-making: Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top