HCM, Organizational Research, Associate - NYC
HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Our division recruits, develops and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design and implement strategies, processes and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results. We look for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity who want to make an impact on the success of the firm's most valuable asset, our people.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Are you a looking for a new opportunity in the field of Organizational Research? Would you like to apply I/O Psychology best practices and scientific research methods to help advance Goldman Sach's people strategy? We have an excellent position available within this newly formed group within the Human Capital Management (HCM) division.
You will be valued for your intellectual curiosity and your innovative approach to problem-solving. You will have direct impact on the success of the firm's most valuable asset: our people.
As a division, HCM recruits, develops, and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design, and implement strategies, processes, and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity, and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results.
Team members within Organizational Research provide science-based solutions for the betterment of our people and culture, from the individual to the organization level. To attain this, we use a wide variety of tools to help drive our analysis and work on highly commercial, influential projects that impact everyone at the firm.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
We are offering an Associate role in Organizational Research. This client-facing opportunity will require the individual to leverage his/her subject matter expertise in I/O Psychology and skills in research methods, to help HCM functions utilize an evidence-based approach to make better people decisions. The role will provide the individual the opportunity to work and consult on cross-HCM projects in close partnership with functional, divisional and regional teams throughout the firm. We offer a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment to help drive the future of HCM. Responsibilities will include:
- Playing a key role in designing, executing, and measuring the effectiveness of global HCM programs, which will include identifying issues, forming hypotheses, synthesizing conclusions and presenting recommendations to key stakeholders
- Focusing on research & development, combining scholarly literature reviews and real world, practical applications of findings
- Working with our data scientists to leverage various statistical techniques to present solutions for a variety of HCM functions
- Engaging with key stakeholders within HCM to provide strategic advice, leveraging data and trend analysis
- Communicating findings and recommendations on critical initiatives and influencing leaders to take action on those findings
- Managing relationships with subject matter experts, academics, and other key company stakeholders
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- PhD degree preferred, but not required (ABD acceptable as well)
- Strong academic background in a relevant field - Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behaviour, Behavioral Science preferred
- At least 3+ years of corporate work experience
- Background in conducting statistical analyses
- Previous experience in developing surveys and analyzing survey results
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Highest attention to detail and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with the utmost discretion and care
- Ability to think creatively in order to solve organizational problems
- Capable of working autonomously and with a degree of ambiguity
- Ability to work well on a team
- Prior experience presenting to senior stakeholders
- Assessment, validation, and job analysis work experience
- Experience supporting the development of psychometrically-sound assessment
- Previous experience in developing training programs
- Background in statistical computing systems like R, MATLAB, SAS, etc.
- Experience with business intelligence frameworks like Tableau, Alteryx, or Business Objects
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top