MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Human Capital Management (HCM) at Goldman Sachs is charged with shaping our industry-leading people strategy and is in an exciting state of transformation to do so. Nearly every program, process and tool across the division is being redesigned and deployed to deliver a best-in-class experience to our leaders and employees. As part of our transformation we are also moving to a leading practice operating model consisting of Business Partners providing talent strategy and coaching to business leaders, Centers of Excellence setting strategy and developing programs for HCM value streams, and a customer-facing Service Delivery Organization delivering services across the hire-to-retire lifecycle to Goldman Sachs leaders and employees.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Organization Design lead is a key role in the Human Capital Management (HCM) division within a center of expertise focused on 'People Experience' at Goldman Sachs. The 'People Experience' team advises the firm's leadership on Organizational Design and Transformation, Business Process Management, Employee & Manager Experiences, and Change Management. As a member of the Organization Design team, you would consult with the firm's leadership, develop an understanding of organizational challenges and goals, leverage data and technology to design organizational solutions, and optimize organizational structures and enhance organizational effectiveness.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Work with Goldman Sachs leaders as your internal clients to drive their organizational transformation efforts, including restructuring teams, building new capabilities, rethinking job design, and developing governance models to help drive effective decision making
- Leverage your expertise in organization design to help leaders assess their current state and design their future state operating models, coaching them through a transformation journey
- Use scenario modelling to evaluate organization design options and implications (e.g. organizational models oriented around global processes, regional business needs, client-segmentation, or matrices)
- Coach leaders on benefits and risks of organizational changes
- Conduct analyses on 'spans and layers' to identify and remedy organizational design inefficiencies
- Partner with senior divisional leaders to assess mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and plan organizational and talent impacts for post-merger integration (PMI)
- Partner with senior leaders to build out their regional or local growth plans from an organizational perspective, designing scalable organizational models that meet changing business needs
- Develop design principles, methodologies, and playbooks to manage multiple organization design projects for variety of internal clients
- Envision and help build organization design dashboards and other data-driven tools to empower divisions to monitor and manage their organizational structure
- Apply overall project management skills to manage organizational transformation efforts as formal engagements, including scoping, planning, and executing work and achieving benefits realization
- Work with your colleagues in process transformation, people experience and data scientists, and change management to manage end-to-end transformation programs for internal clients
- Support the development of a strategic workforce planning capability for the firm, building business intelligence that links the firm's strategy with FP&A and Talent Management
- Keep abreast of latest trends and innovations in organization design, the future of work, and related tools and technologies
- 10+ years experience in organization design or related field such as Human Capital Management, Management Consulting, or Workforce Planning
- 7+ years experience in managing transformation programs
- Deep expertise in organization design methodologies and associated tool sets
- Expertise in job design and governance or decision-making models
- Experience in M&A organizational design and integration
- Experience in building scalable organizational models to support business growth
- Data-driven, scientific approach to problems solving and design thinking
- Expert coaching and facilitation skills to work directly with senior leaders at the firm
- Familiarity with process-driven transformation and continuous improvement methodologies and tools
- Familiarity with workforce planning and financial management for human resources
- Passion for designing the future of work
- Experience in Financial Services industry preferred
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) and/or graduate degree.
- Detail-oriented problem-solver who is able to employ leadership, critical thinking, and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
- Highly collaborative, team-oriented, and strong consensus builder with confidence in interaction with senior stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure; able to manage and execute effectively on multiple, time-sensitive projects, with keen sense of urgency
- Openness to feedback and strong self-awareness
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity