HCM, Operations and Risk Management, Global Background Check Lead, Vice President – Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Our division recruits, develops and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design and implement strategies, processes and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results. We look for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity who want to make an impact on the success of the firm's most valuable asset, our people.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Are you a strategic and analytical thinker? Are you curious about working with a dynamic global team? We're looking for a professional to join our HCM Operations & Risk Management team who wants to use their skills and ideas to help drive our HR processes at Goldman Sachs.
Human Capital Management (HCM) recruits, develops and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams design and implement strategies, processes and technologies that help them advance professionally, drive productivity and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results. We look for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity who want to make an impact on the success of the firm's most valuable asset, its people.
HCM Operations & Risk Management is responsible for designing and managing the firm's core HRIS and the associated service delivery strategy. We manage the day-to-day operational aspects of HCM's processes, technologies and vendors related to employment and personal data of the Firm's workers.
The Background Check team manages the background check process for all employees, interns, and contractors at Goldman Sachs. The program is managed out of four regions: Americas, EMEA, APAC, and India and engages with multiple vendors.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
As the Global Manager of the background check program, your responsibilities will include:
- Oversee global background check program and continue driving global standardization while balancing local legal, regulatory, and cultural requirements
- Work with HCM risk partners across Legal, Compliance, Risk, and Technology on enhancements to background check program and implementation of risk mitigating controls
- Help manage relationships with vendors in all four regions, including conducting an assessment of potential for moving to one global background check vendor
- Manage stakeholders in recruiting and contingent workforce management, provide regular reporting on metrics and trends
- Manage ad hoc projects, initiatives, and system changes
- Maintain project plans and status summaries for ongoing background check program changes and keep team leadership and other stakeholders advised of progress
- Serve as subject matter expert for background check program requirements on project to decommission firm's current HRIS and implement new on-boarding platform
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor degree required
- 5+ year of experience in financial services or other related industry
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in compliance, risk management, or background checks preferred
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to influence people not in direct reporting line
- Ability to manage global program with multiple competing projects and priorities
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to balance risk mitigation and commercial needs
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top