HCM, Global Talent Development, Analyst – Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENTOur division recruits, develops and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design and implement strategies, processes and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results. We look for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity who want to make an impact on the success of the firm's most valuable asset, our people.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Are you looking for a new opportunity to showcase your problem-solving and analytical skills? Do you have a passion for working with people and driving data to make decisions? We have a new Analyst role on our Global Talent Development Team within the Human Capital Management (HCM) division. You will be valued for your intellectual curiosity, your innovative approach to problem-solving, and your strong analytical skills. You will have a direct impact on the success of the firm's most valuable asset: our people.
As a division, HCM recruits, develops, and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design, and implement strategies, processes, and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity, and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results.
The Global Talent Development Team evolves and drives the firm's leadership, talent and diversity strategy by taking a person-by-person approach to talent development and fostering an environment that values different perspectives and maximizes the potential of all of our people. We achieve this mission by the following:
- Advising senior leadership and key stakeholders on the approach, design and implementation of our talent development strategy
- Enhancing he development of managers across the firm as well as increasing their accountability for developing a diverse talent pipeline at all levels
- Developing a talent strategy that is informed by our people analytics findings
- Enhancing the firm's external brand by demonstrating our presence as market leaders in the talent space The work of our team is focused on Talent Assessment, Talent Management, Talent Engagement, Governance and Analytics, and Thought Leadership
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
As a member of Global Talent Development, you will play a critical role in delivering an integrated talent strategy aligned to our mission. This role will focus on our talent development initiatives in key businesses and across the talent management functions and processes. Key responsibilities include:
- Focus on performance management and assessment, promotions, and succession planning, including senior talent identification and development
- Develop assessment guidelines and talent strategies in coordination with the Executive office, Division/Regional HCM Leadership, Business Partner teams, Employee Relations, and the Employment Law
- Partner with divisional leadership and HCM teams to develop and implement talent development priorities for key businesses, including developing a comprehensive understanding of existing diverse pipeline and providing creative and actionable solutions for key constituents concerns
Talent Engagement and Thought Leadership
- Serve as an advisor to the affinity networks by providing guidance on guidance on network activities, sharing thought leadership on talent and diversity, development of leadership conferences and speaker preparation, and annual business planning
Governance and Analytics
- Work with key stakeholders within HCM to analyze data, evaluate trends and provide strategic advice
- Partner with our People Analytics and Reporting functions to track and interpret analysis of talent data and internal metrics, including performance data, headcount reporting, employee surveys and feedback
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's Degree with minimum 1 year of relevant work experience in a corporate environment, and/or Master's degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products; advanced Excel including vlookups and pivot tables; multiple variable formulas strongly preferred
- Familiarity with data visualization (patterns, trends and correlations)
- Excellent analytical skills – ability to organize and analyze large data sets, detect and correct errors, interpret and results to various audiences, and take responsibility for data quality assurance
- Exceptional attention to detail – ability to find and proactively correct mistakes and take responsibility for data quality assurance
- Strong project management skills, highly organized, follows through, and holds task owners accountable
- Results-oriented with ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive projects while ensuring the delivery of high quality work
- High level of maturity, demonstrated ability to manage confidential information, and impeccable judgment
- Comfortable managing multiple stakeholders, driving consensus, and influencing outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work well independently and in a global team environment
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity, with a particular interest and involvement in talent development and diversity initiatives
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top