HCM, Global Mobility Services (GMS), Assignment Manager / Expatriate Tax Manager, Associate/Vice President - Jersey City
HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Our division recruits, develops and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design and implement strategies, processes and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results. We look for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity who want to make an impact on the success of the firm's most valuable asset, our people.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Are you looking for a new opportunity to showcase your analytical, communication, and problem solving skills? We have an excellent new position available on our Global Mobility Services (GMS) team within the Human Capital Management (HCM) division.
You will be valued for your intellectual curiosity, innovative approach to problem-solving, and strong analytical skills. You will have a direct impact on the success of the firm's most valuable asset: our people.
As a division, HCM recruits, develops, and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design, and implement strategies, processes, and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity, and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results.
Global Mobility Services (GMS) assists and supports employees and their families when relocating to a Goldman Sachs office. This role requires the ability to work in a fast paced environment with a strong focus on analytical skills, client-service, problem solving, proactively resolving issues and attention to detail.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
We are looking for candidates to join the Global Mobility Services team as dual hatted Assignment Manager / Expatriate Tax Manager. The role involves responsibility for the counseling / co-ordination of relocating employees, advising managers and HR business partners on mobility issues, and working on various projects across a broad range of mobility topics, a s well as l eading on expatriate tax matters for the Americas region.
Key responsibilities include:
- Advise divisional managers and / or HR business partners on mobility matters; partner with the business to determine appropriate mobility packages and navigate complex mobility challenges including immigration, tax, and relocation issues
- Proactive case management of mobile population at all levels including:
- Counseling transferring and repatriating employees on all aspects of their expatriate benefits
- Dealing with ad hoc queries
- Generating and reviewing assignment documentation
- Review allowances for GMS payroll and liaising with GMS Operations Team and Compensation Accounting
- Day to day work with external vendors including:
- Initiation of relocation, tax, and immigration support for planning and review
- Act as escalation point for vendors involved with transferring employees
- Generation, review, and reconciliation of periodic and ad hoc reports for respective divisions
- Participation in various global and regional project work including policy and process reviews, vendor reviews, and compliance/risk focused initiatives
- Interaction with GMS Finance team; including generation, review, and discussion of financial, metrics and population reports with clients; maintain data upkeep/ quality on divisional, country and regional basis
- Work closely with the GS Tax department and lead on complex tax matters for the team, including:
- Individual assignee cases (e.g., reviewing detailed tax equalization calculations)
- broader tax-related projects
- supporting tax reviews and planning initiatives for Americas region
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree
- I nternational / expatriate tax knowledge required
- A t least 4 years' experience in a mobility related field, preferred
- Strong analytical skills and highly detail-oriented
- Outstanding client service and relationship management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team player with experience in working with global teams across time zones
- Strong consultative approach when working with the business
- Enthusiastic, positive, and keen to learn and develop skillset
- Ability to appropriately manage confidential information
- Sound judgment - knowing when to escalate an issue combined with a willingness to be flexible and pragmatic when appropriate
- Attracted to a dynamic business culture supporting the firm's broader strategy
- Flexibility and ability to manage several projects/priorities in a very fast-paced environment
- Technical Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint). Particularly strong Excel and presentation/data visualization skills a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top