HCM, Firmwide Compensation, Consumer Banking - Vice President - New York
HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Our division recruits, develops and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design and implement strategies, processes and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results. We look for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity who want to make an impact on the success of the firm's most valuable asset, our people.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
Are you looking for a new opportunity to showcase your analytical, client advisory, communication, and relationship management skills? We have excellent new position available within our Firmwide Compensation team focusing on covering our Consumer and Commercial Banking Division (CCBD), with a focus on the Digital Finance space, for Vice Presidents in the Human Capital Management (HCM) division
You will be valued for your intellectual curiosity and your innovative approach to problem-solving. You will have direct impact on the success of the firm's most valuable asset: our people.
As a division, HCM is at the forefront of supporting business growth and change at Goldman Sachs by recruiting, developing, and rewarding the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design, and implement strategies, processes, and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity, and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results.
Additionally, Digital Finance combines the strength and heritage of a 148-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. This unique dynamic allows us to help our customers achieve financial progress through customizable solutions that are grounded in value, transparency, and simplicity.
The Firmwide Compensation team drives the development and implementation of our compensation philosophy, policies, and practices around the world, supporting our best efforts to attract and retain the finest talent available. This function requires liaising with other departments such as Controllers, Legal, and Tax and will also involve providing support to other HCM functions, including HCM Business Partners, Employee Relations, Executive Compensation, Equity Compensation, and Global Mobility Services.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Serve as strategic advisor to the Digital Finance space within CCBD designing compensation programs and delivering projects in line with firm and divisional strategy
- Analyze hiring and attrition trends to understand market movement and advise senior stakeholders on best approaches to attract and retain top talent
- Work with consultants to benchmark compensation in financial services and other adjacent markets, and provide key findings to divisional and firmwide senior leadership throughout the year
- Design of compensation programs and policies, including modeling financial costs Partner with cross-functional HCM teams to advise and structure new hire compensation packages
- Work closely with finance and divisions to manage compensation budgets throughout the year; centrally administer the year-end compensation process for the firm
- Engage with the Firmwide Compensation team identifying continuous improvement opportunities, drive process change and create efficiencies across the function
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree in an analytical field such as Finance, Accounting, or Mathematics or a related field in HR
- 10+ years of relevant work experience; experience in compensation covering Consumer Banking, with a focus in Digital Finance required
- Comfortable working with, and analyzing, large sets of data and presenting results telling a clear and compelling story
- Ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive projects while focusing on the quality of work delivered to clients
- Highly organized, attention to detail, and excellent follow-through required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability developing relationships with professionals across several HCM groups and act as an effective liaison to meet client needs
- Ability to work with Excel on a day to day basis, strong preference for individuals comfortable using macros, vlookups, and pivot tables
- Thinks multiple steps ahead; prepares for potential problems and escalates issues when appropriate; and juggles competing deadlines effectively
- Ability to work well both independently and in a global fast-paced team environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top