HCM, Firmwide Compensation, Analyst/Sr. Analyst - NYC
HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Our division recruits, develops and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design and implement strategies, processes and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results. We look for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity who want to make an impact on the success of the firm's most valuable asset, our people.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
Are you looking for a new opportunity to showcase your analytical, communication, presentation and client advisory skills? We have excellent new positions available within our Firmwide Compensation team for Analysts and Senior Analysts in the Human Capital Management (HCM) division.
As a division, HCM is at the forefront of supporting business growth and change at Goldman Sachs by recruiting, developing, and rewarding the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design, and implement strategies, processes, and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity, and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results.
The Firmwide Compensation Team drives the development and implementation of our compensation philosophy, policies, and practices around the world, supporting our best efforts to attract and retain the best talent available. This function requires liaising with other departments such as Controllers, Legal, and Tax and will also involve providing support to other HCM functions, including HCM Business Partners, Employee Relations, Executive Compensation, Equity Compensation, and Global Mobility Services.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Analyze hiring and attrition trends to understand market movement and advise senior stakeholders on best approaches to attract and retain top talent
- Work with consultants to benchmark compensation in financial services and other adjacent markets, and provide key findings to divisional and firmwide senior leadership throughout the year.
- Assist in the design of compensation programs and policies, including modeling financial costs and drafting communication materials
- Partner with recruiting and HCM business partners to structure new hire offers
- Work closely with finance and divisions to manage compensation budgets throughout the year; centrally administer the year-end compensation process for the firm
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree in an analytical field such as Finance, Accounting, or Mathematics or a related field in HR
- Approximately 1 - 3 years of relevant work experience
- Comfortable working with and analyzing large sets of data and presenting results that tell a clear and compelling story, preference for individuals with strong Power Point skills
- Ability to work with Excel on a day to day basis, strong preference for individuals to be comfortable doing macros, vlookups, and pivot tables
- Ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive projects while focusing on the quality of work delivered to clients
- Thinks multiple steps ahead; prepares for potential problems and escalates issues when appropriate; and juggles competing deadlines effectively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to develop relationships with professionals across several HCM groups and act as an effective liaison to meet client needs
- Ability to work well both independently and in a global team environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top