HCM, Finance, Senior Analyst/Associate - Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Our division recruits, develops and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design and implement strategies, processes and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results. We look for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity who want to make an impact on the success of the firm's most valuable asset, our people.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Are you looking for a new opportunity to showcase your analytical, communication, and quantitative skills? Do you have the passion to help determine and evaluate financial decisions that impact business decisions? We have an excellent new position available within our HCM Finance team for an Associate in the Human Capital Management (HCM) division.
As a division, HCM is at the forefront of supporting business growth and change at Goldman Sachs by recruiting, developing, and rewarding the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design, and implement strategies, processes, and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity, and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results.
The HCM Finance team monitors, analyzes and reports HCM expenses in order to assist senior management with evaluating business decisions and key HCM initiatives. In addition, the team also maintains key controls that ensure expense is accurately presented to internal clients, as well as liaising with GS Federation Finance to ensure accurate reporting to external industry regulators and shareholders of the firm.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
As a member of the HCM Finance team, you will play a critical role in the expense management process. Key responsibilities include:
- Help coordinate the annual budget and quarterly reforecast processes with various stakeholders (including developing deliverable timeline, reporting templates, shared assumptions, etc.)
- Consolidate and review all monthly financial reporting & deliverables for various stakeholders
- Submit monthly expense projections for Controllers
- Update allocation projections
Sub-ledger and General Ledger Accounting and Controls
- Review monthly sub ledger activity to substantiate accuracy and completeness of expenses; book journal entries (including accruals) where necessary
- Review and maintain methodologies/metrics used to allocate fully loaded expense to divisions
- Coordinate Balance Sheet Substantiation and Country Exposure Reporting for balances
- Interact and answer questions with legal entity Controllers and PwC
Reporting and Analytics
- Historical trending and analysis of expenses and other firmwide metrics
- All program reporting by division by region
- Other ad-hoc financial analysis
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree
- Ability to work with Excel on a day to day basis and strong technical skills
- Experience in accounting, budgeting, financial planning, reporting and analysis
- Strong accounting and analytical skills: ability to organize and analyze large datasets, detect and correct errors, interpret and report results to various audiences and take responsibility for data quality assurance
- Ability to identify opportunities to establish efficient and robust processes
- Attention to detail - highly organized with excellent follow-through and delivery
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential information; impeccable judgement
- Demonstrated client service focus and ability to build relationships across levels
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Relevant business experience demonstrating:
- Successful project management and leadership within a team
- Complex analytic project design and execution
- Professional communication and thought-partnership with clients and stakeholders
- Familiarity with accounting tools such as Hyperion Essbase
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top