HCM, Equity Compensation, Associate - Dallas
- Dallas, TX
HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Our division recruits, develops and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design and implement strategies, processes and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results. We look for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity who want to make an impact on the success of the firm's most valuable asset, our people.
Are you looking for a new opportunity to showcase your project management, communication, and analytical skills? We have an excellent new position available within our Equity Compensation team for an Associate within the Human Capital Management (HCM) division.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As a division, HCM is at the forefront of supporting business growth and change at Goldman Sachs by recruiting, developing, and rewarding the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design, and implement strategies, processes, and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity, and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results.
As part of the HCM Reporting and Metrics organization, the Equity Compensation team's primary responsibility is supporting the firm's global equity plan design and ongoing administration. The team is routinely tasked with leading initiatives to solve the operational aspects of the firm's intricate equity compensation processes including related regulatory and service delivery challenges. This function requires liaising with other departments such as Controllers, Private Wealth Management, Legal, and Tax and will also involve providing support to other HCM functions, including Firmwide Compensation, Executive Compensation, Employee Relations, and HCM Talent Advisors.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Assist in global equity plan processes, including the grant of annual and off-cycle awards, delivery of awards, monthly and annual reporting and data reconciliation
- Support all aspects of the preparation and distribution of materials for meetings of the Stock Incentive Plan Committee
- Assist in the review of global legal / tax issues associated with equity plans and resulting design changes
- Work closely with Firmwide Compensation and Reward teams to identify opportunities to improve efficiency, minimize risk and streamline processes as part of the compensation planning process
- Work closely with team members and stakeholders to foster professional growth and career development
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree
- Approximately 3 -5 years of relevant equity compensation experience; Certified Equity Professional (CEP) certification preferred but not required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to succinctly summarize issues and assess impact
- Ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive projects while focusing on the quality of work delivered to clients
- Demonstrated client service focus and ability to build relationships successfully
- Ability to work with Excel on a day to day basis, strong preference for individuals to be comfortable using vlookups and pivot tables
- Thinks multiple steps ahead; prepares for potential problems and escalates issues when appropriate
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy
- Commitment to excellence and a high level of integrity
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top