HCM, Employee Relations Advisor, Associate/VP – Salt Lake City
The Employee Relations team, which is part of the Human Capital Management division, is dedicated to advising and coaching managers and employees on all aspects of the employment relationship.
As an ER Advisor, you will work to protect and support the firm's culture in accordance with firm policies, our business principles and applicable legal standards. The work is invariably of a sensitive nature and requires a unique combination of skills to deliver workable solutions to a diverse range of issues.
Human Capital Management (HCM) recruits, develops and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams design and implement strategies, processes and technologies that help them advance professionally, drive productivity and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results. We look for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity who want to make an impact on the success of the firm's most valuable asset, its people.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Provide advice to managers on a variety of topics, including performance improvement management, disciplinary actions, terminations and business restructurings
- Investigate allegations of unfair or unlawful treatment and/or inappropriate behavior
- Counsel individual employees regarding problems in the office and personal problems that may impact work
- Oversee adherence to firm policies regarding, among others, use of firm resources including e-mail and Internet access, protection of confidential information, etc.
- Execute terminations and the implementation of severance policy
- Assist in formulating, interpreting and communicating policies that pertain to employee relations issues
- Partner with HCM and firmwide stakeholders to drive HCM strategies on talent management, diversity and leadership development
- Conduct training programs to educate managers and employees about firm policies regarding employee relations issues
- Liaise with internal and external legal counsel as necessary to resolve employee issues
- Work closely with Compliance on investigations into regulatory and policy issues and discipline
Basic Qualifications• Proven ability to develop relationships with senior professionals
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in teams (ability to both lead and do the work)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Well-developed organizational and administrative skills including attention to detail
- Client-service orientation
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize
- Credibility to influence senior management
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Results oriented
Preferred QualificationsThe ideal candidate will have had exposure to employee relations issues in a fast-paced environment. Law degree and employment law practice experience preferred but not required.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top