HCM, Compensation Analytics and Reporting - Analyst - New York
HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Our division recruits, develops and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design and implement strategies, processes and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results. We look for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity who want to make an impact on the success of the firm's most valuable asset, our people.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Are you looking for a new opportunity to showcase your analytical, communication and presentation skills? We have an excellent new position available within our Compensation Analytics team for an Analyst in the Human Capital Management (HCM) division.
As a division, HCM is at the forefront of supporting business growth and change at Goldman Sachs by recruiting, developing, and rewarding the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design, and implement strategies, processes, and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity, and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results.
The Compensation Analytics team is at the core of that by providing the Firm's senior management with information and analysis related to compensation, the Firm's biggest expense item. The team's responsibilities include regular reporting on compensation levels and trends, ad hoc analysis, and support for key firmwide initiatives (e.g., budget tracking process, Partner promotion cycles). The team also completes compensation related technology and reporting projects.
This position is a terrific opportunity for a professional who wants to learn or expand his/her knowledge of the compensation and HCM reporting space by learning about these areas at a firmwide level.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Assist other members of the team in all aspects of the group's responsibilities, including:
- Analyze and report on various compensation and headcount information
- Play key role in administration of year-end compensation program for all employees
- Respond to ad hoc requests from firmwide senior management and other functional areas across the firm
- Work and support other HCM teams (including Firmwide Compensation, Executive Compensation, Equity Compensation and HCM Business Partners), Finance, Controllers, Revenue and Federation Management teams and Legal to analyze and report on compensation information
- Collaborate with other members of HCM/Reward for special projects
- Work closely with finance and divisions to manage compensation budgets throughout the year; assist in the administration of the compensation process for the firm
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree required (analytical field such as Finance, Accounting, or Mathematics or a related field in HR preferred)
- Approximately 1-3 years relevant work experience
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and writing skills and ability to develop relationships with professionals across several HCM groups
- Comfortable working with and analyzing large sets of data and presenting results that tell a clear and compelling story
- Time Management Skills - Works well under pressure and is able to manage multiple urgent deliverables, prioritize workload to anticipate and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with Excel on a day to day basis, strong preference for individuals to be comfortable doing macros, vlookups, and pivot tables
- Experience with Access, Business Objects and Tableau preferred, but not required
- Good judgment and escalates issues when appropriate
- Commitment to excellence and a high level of integrity
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top