HCM, CA, Svcs Technology - Java Developer
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and Global Strategists Groups, is at the core of everything we do at the firm.
Join our engineering teams to collaborate on scalable software and systems; create low latency infrastructure solutions; proactively guard against cyber threats; and incorporate machine learning alongside financial engineering to turn data into action.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers. We look for creative collaborators who are excited to work in a diverse, dynamic, and global environment.
People Technology: HCM/CA/Services Overview
We cultivate partnerships with our core people functions across the firm, including Human Capital Management, Compensation Accounting, Accounting Services, Corporate Services and the Executive Office to build innovative solutions.
Who are our partners?
- Human Capital Management (HCM), in partnership with the business, is responsible for recruiting, developing, retaining and rewarding our people.
- Compensation Accounting is responsible for the management and accounting of all salary, bonus, and other types of remuneration paid to employees of the firm.
- Accounting Services manage and settle the firm's liabilities, vendor payments and employee travel & entertainment expenses.
- Corporate Services and Real Estate delivers a world-class work environment and services for the people of Goldman Sachs through commercial excellence, service excellence and management excellence.
Equity Compensation Accounting Overview
The Equity Compensation Accounting Group is responsible for virtually every financial aspect of equity compensation. At a high level, the ECA Group is responsible for, or coordinates the following activities:
- Calculating global compensation expense for RSUs, Performance-granted Awards, Synthetic RSUs
- Calculating Basic and Diluted Shares Outstanding
- Calculating Corporate Tax Expenses and Deductions
- Producing quarterly and year-end reporting and footnote disclosures
- Facilitate payroll tax withholding for RSU deliveries
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Collaborate with the business users to elicit/understand requirements, assess feasibility of proposed changes, and compile measures/deliverables
- Analyze, design, develop, test, and support enterprise applications and batch software solutions
- Assess business needs, facilitating and developing process workflow, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation
- Participate in technical specifications, high level/detailed design, test and implementation plans
- Conduct data analyses to meet compliance/ audit requirements or validate data quality and system behavior
- Support users in resolving issues by troubleshooting, providing workarounds, or escalating to technology management
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior members
- Bachelors/Masters degree (US or foreign equivalent) in one of the STEM fields encouraged
- Experience in analysis, design and development of web based application with J2EE and relational database technologies
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated: ability to work with tight deadlines
- Ability to build and sustain long-term relationships with a diverse set of clients and colleagues
- Java and/or other OO languages
- Web development (HTML5, Angular JS), Java 8
- Scripting languages & shell scripting
- Experience with at least one code repository such as SVN
- Hands-on experience of test driven development
- Automated testing & tools (JUnit, JMeter, Cucumber, etc.)
- Continuous builds & associated tooling (Maven, Gradle)
- Experience with BPMN modeling and Workflow solutions would be a plus
- Experience with ORM tools like Hibernate, MyBatis
- Experience with Automation Testing tools like Selenium, Cucumber, DBUnit
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top