HCM, Business Partner, Operations – Vice President - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Our division recruits, develops and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design and implement strategies, processes and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results. We look for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity who want to make an impact on the success of the firm's most valuable asset, our people.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Are you a looking for a new opportunity to showcase your analytical, advisory and client relationship management skills? Do you have a strategic mindset and the ability to build relationships? Do you desire to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to influence and enable transformational change? We have an excellent new position available within our Business Partner team for Operations within the Human Capital Management (HCM) division, with an emphasis on Compensation.
You will be valued for your intellectual curiosity and your innovative approach to problem-solving. You will have direct impact on the success of the firm's most valuable asset: our people.
As a division, HCM is at the forefront of supporting business growth and change at Goldman Sachs by recruiting, developing, and rewarding the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design, and implement strategies, processes, and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity, and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results.
Key elements of this role include partnering with Operations leadership to manage our compensation processes and providing the full spectrum of talent management for a large global sub-division within Operations (diversity strategy, performance management, leadership pipeline, promotions, people survey, and other annual processes).
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Serve as strategic advisor to the Operations division to manage compensation budgets throughout the year and centrally administer the year-end compensation process for the division
- Analyze hiring and attrition trends to understand market movement and advise senior stakeholders on best approaches to attract and retain top talent
- Partner with recruiting to structure new hire offers
- Project manage key people development processes for the division
- Provide HR Business Partner coverage for one of the global sub-divisions within Operations, including managing and advising senior clients
- Help execute against all people development processes for the aligned sub-division including leadership pipeline, talent management, promotions, performance management, diversity, reporting and analytics on people related metrics and trends, year-end compensation, and organization reviews
- Partner with sub-division management team on key priorities, initiatives and day to day issues for the group
- Serve as strategic advisor and/or assume oversight of division-wide initiatives related to the Operations Americas region (e.g., region specific diversity and mobility initiatives)
- Partner with functional HCM colleagues to ensure effective delivery of recruiting, training, global mobility and employee relation issues
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree in an analytical field such as Finance, Accounting, or Mathematics is desirable, or a related field
- Approximately 5 - 10 years of relevant work experience
- Comfortable working with and analyzing large sets of data and presenting results that tell a clear and compelling story
- Ability to work with Excel on a day to day basis, strong preference for individuals to be comfortable doing macros, vlookups, and pivot tables
- Analytical mindset and technical skillset – excellent quantitative skills, data analysis, and problem solving skills
- Thinks multiple steps ahead; prepares for potential problems and escalates issues when appropriate; and juggles competing deadlines effectively
- Highly organized, attention to detail and excellent follow-through required
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated client service focus and ability to build relationships successfully
- Flexibility to work across a diverse range of projects (i.e. strong quantitative skills combined with aptitude for talent management initiatives) with different stakeholders (HCM and Operations management teams across the firm's global offices)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and think clearly under pressure
- Self-motivated and able to work in an autonomous, yet collaborative environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to excellence and a high level of integrity
- Demonstrated client service focus and ability to build relationships across different levels, functions, and regions
- Results-oriented – ability to balance multiple, time-sensitive projects while maintaining a longer term, strategic focus
- Strategic mindset and ability to think conceptually, influence stakeholders, and drive excellent execution
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top