HCM, Business Partner, Investment Banking, Analyst/Senior Analyst – SLC
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Our division recruits, develops and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design and implement strategies, processes and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results. We look for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity who want to make an impact on the success of the firm's most valuable asset, our people.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Are you a looking for a new opportunity to showcase your advisory and client relationship management skills? Do you have a strategic mindset and the ability to build relationships? We have an excellent new position available within our Business Partner team supporting Investment Banking within the Human Capital Management (HCM) division.
You will be valued for your intellectual curiosity and your innovative approach to problem-solving. You will have direct impact on the success of the firm's most valuable asset: our people.
As a division, HCM recruits, develops, and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design, and implement strategies, processes, and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity, and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results.
As a Business Partner within Investment Banking, you will work with a dynamic, fast-paced team to provide reporting and analytics on a variety of HCM data for IBD Business Partners and IBD Finance. Key elements of this role include the full spectrum of talent management processes (diversity strategy, performance management, leadership pipeline, manager excellence, compensation, people survey, organizational right sizing and other annual processes).
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Support the development of IBD HCM strategy through data collection, reporting, and analysis
- Organize and analyze large datasets, interpreting and reporting results to various audiences
- Engage with stakeholders to understand their needs and priorities
- Participate in quality control testing to support internal systems/tools
- Provide support for the year-end quartile process
- Provide support for the year-end compensation process
- Provide support for managing headcount and year-end headcount budgeting
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent analytical skills: ability to organize and analyze large datasets, detect and correct errors, interpret and report results to various audiences and take responsibility for data quality assurance
- Technical skills: proficient in Microsoft Office products; strong familiarity with advanced Excel skills such as vlookups, pivot tables, and multiple variable formulas strongly preferred
- Ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive projects in a high pressure environment while ensuring the delivery of high quality work
- Highly organized, attention to detail and excellent follow-through required
- High level of maturity, demonstrated ability to manage confidential information, and impeccable judgment
- Demonstrated client service focus and ability to build relationships successfully
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and think clearly under pressure
- Self-motivated and able to work in an autonomous, yet collaborative environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to excellence and a high level of integrity
- Experience coding in Excel VBA
- Basic statistical analysis, including descriptive and inferential statistics
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools (Business Objects, Tableau)
- Familiarity with Human Capital Management concepts and data
- Ability to work in a geographically diverse team and build strong relationships across locations and regions
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top