GSAM, Strategic Client Services, Business Support and Data Management Analyst/Associate - Chicago
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
We are seeking an analyst / associate level candidate to join our Data Management and Support Team who demonstrates the ability to think critically, exhibit sound judgment and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In this capacity, you will help maintain and enhance our current systems and processes so that our business can deliver optimal client service.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
Within GSAM, the Strategic Client Service is a global sales aligned service organization that provides high quality service and solutions to Shareholders. Through their client service model, Strategic Client Service, enables distribution of GSAM investment products, provides consultative services, scale and controls, all with a focus on being accretive financially to the business.
Within Strategic Client Service, the Data Management & Support team is responsible for overseeing data strategy, reporting, and ensuring the continued operation of business processes and system functionality across Strategic Client Services globally including identification of system improvements and process enhancements, definition of business requirements, and execution and communication with technology and other internal teams.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
As a member of the Data Management and Support Team, you will be responsible for a wide range of issue remediation, system process analysis, and technical project management functions, including developing strategic roadmaps for system improvements and enhancements, and defining business and technology communication plans.
Functional Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the resolution of internal and vendor system issues that directly impact business operations and/or client interactions
- Escalate identified issues, impact, and resolution to GSS business areas and management
- Recommend and drive process improvements to increase system robustness and mitigate risk of disruptions in client reporting and operational workflows
- Develop, test, and maintain Business Continuity Plan (BCP) to ensure the continued operations of critical GSS functions
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 2+ years of business experience with at least one year in the financial services industry, preferably within mutual fund operations or service
- Bachelor's degree with excellent academic record
- Excellent technical skills (MS Access, Excel) required, basic understanding of SQL and computer language(s) a plus
- Experience interacting with technology teams from a business perspective
- Strong analytical, research, and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task while working under pressure
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills; detail-oriented
- Knowledge of SQL, relational databases, program logic, and file layouts
- Quick learner who excels with hands-on responsibilities
- Thinks critically and not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Previous experience with large databases and datasets research a plus
- Resourceful individual with strong intellectual curiosity
- Strong communication skills
- Team-oriented and self-motivated
- Strong relationship building skills with a high energy level and resilient temperament
- Exhibits sound judgement and integrity
- Previous experience or coursework in a quantitative field a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top