GSAM, Strategic Client Service, Client Onboarding Analyst - Chicago
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
The position of Client Service Onboarding Analyst in US Shareholder Services is ideal for the person who seeks to broaden his or her client service focus, has knowledge of the mutual funds business, is very detail oriented, and welcomes the requirements of a very fast paced/high energy work environment and demanding client base. This role involves communication & coordination across multiple disciplines (e.g. Marketing, Product Management, Legal, and Compliance), direct interaction & support of our sales/ distribution efforts, and on-boarding client relationships in partnership with sales & service. This position requires compliance with laws and regulations of the financial industry, a thorough understanding of a client service/on-boarding environment and participation in business development initiatives which require an in-depth understanding of the industry, client base, and systems (DST's TA2000 and AWD systems).
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure. Within GSAM, the Strategic Client Services group is a global sales aligned service organization that provides high quality service and solutions to clients. Through their client service model, Strategic Client Services enables distribution of GSAM investment products, provides consultative services, scale and controls, all while focused on being accretive financially to the business. The Client Onboarding team plays a critical role within Strategic Client Services by ensuring all investment requirements are met and making the client experience as streamlined as possible.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal clients with respect to client service on-boarding initiatives; including answering account documentation inquiries, acting as the service stakeholder for policy/procedure related discussions, and establishing client accounts on the Transfer Agent systems
- Verify that all documentation received from the client comply with regulatory and compliance standards as well as firm-wide AML guidelines
- Coordinate the distribution of dealer agreements by working with Legal, Marketing and Sales
- Communicate and work closely with sales to provide high quality service to our Institutional & Intermediary Partners
- Work on special value projects as necessary (i.e. asset development/retention, automation related projects)
- Partner with Management and other Service Representatives to build long term successful & scalable on-boarding service models
- Provide ongoing feedback to the team regarding on- boarding initiatives, training, and coaching in an effort to increase the effectiveness and consistency of service and relationship management
- Cultivate a service environment targeted towards enhancing the client experience
- Analyzing and problem solving, both independently and with the team
- Monitor and escalate on-boarding service issues to ensure a high quality response to clients
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to deliver superior client service to internal and external clients
- Understanding from the service/on-boarding perspective of a mutual fund transfer agent
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational, communication, leadership, interpersonal and time management skills
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Expert PC skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access and MS Power Point
- Bachelor's degree required
- Preferred two years experience in a financial industry service environment
- Preferred Series 6/7 and Series 63 (needs to be obtained within 3 months of hire)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top