GSAM, Strategic Client Service, Alternative Investment Client Services, Analyst/Associate - Chicago
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
We are seeking a detailed-oriented candidate who thrives in a fast paced/high energy work environment and welcomes the demands of heavy client interaction. This position is ideal for a person who has knowledge of the pooled vehicle investment business and is looking to deepen his or her client service focus and relationship management skills.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
Within GSAM, the Strategic Client Services group is a global sales aligned service organization that provides high quality service and solutions to clients. Through their client service model, Strategic Client Services enables distribution of GSAM investment products, provides consultative services, scale and controls, all while focused on being accretive financially to the business. The Alternative Investment Client Services team sits within Strategic Client Services group and is responsible for performing investor servicing in the alternative investments space.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL This role involves front line relationship management & communication with our Institutional/Third Party/High Net Worth clients, agents and sales channels and responding to their needs in a professional, knowledgeable, and diligent manner in order to add value to the client experience. Our products include onshore and offshore hedge funds, private equity funds, and exchange funds. This position requires a thorough understanding of a client service environment and participation in business development initiatives which could require an in-depth understanding of the industry, client base, and systems. Primary Responsibilities
- Managing client relationships by serving as primary point of contact with clients & sales channels;
- A high-level of responsiveness to incoming phone and inquiries from clients and internal parties regarding alternative investment products' functionality and operations;
- Understanding and articulating the tax reporting structure of alternative investment products;
- Communicating and working closely with the sales force to provide high quality service to our clients;
- Working on special value projects as necessary (i.e. asset development/retention, automation related projects);
- Partnering with Management and other Service Representatives to build long term successful & scalable service models;
- Cultivating a service environment targeted towards enhancing the client experience;
- Analyzing and problem solving, both independently and within the team;
- Monitoring and escalating service issues to ensure high quality service to clients;
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Client service experience is required;
- Bachelor's degree required;
- Familiarity in alternative investments, preferred understanding from the service perspective;
- CPA or partnership tax background preferred;
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong organizational, communication, leadership, interpersonal and time management skills;
- Strong Communication and Teamwork Skills;
- Preferred 3-5 years of relevant experience;
- FINRA Series 7 preferred (should be obtained within first 60 days on the job)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top