GSAM, Quantitative Investment Strategies, Client Portfolio Management, Analyst
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
INVESTMENT MANAGEMENTWe're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management's Quantitative Investment Strategies (QIS) team manages over $100 billion across a variety of mandates including institutional portfolios, high net worth accounts and mutual funds, using sophisticated quantitative models that have been developed in an innovative research environment.
The team is one of the largest quantitative managers in the world, and is recognized as an industry leader in quantitative portfolio management techniques. The team manages exposures to global stock, bond, currency and commodity markets to generate excess return, or "alpha," for client portfolios.
The team also manages a platform of advanced beta strategies, which includes various smart beta, hedge fund replication, tax-efficient and customized, rules-based beta capabilities. As one of the longest-running quantitative teams in the industry, QIS has developed a strong reputation for innovation, excellence, teamwork and camaraderie.
The QIS Client Portfolio Management (CPM) team is the public face of the QIS business, responsible for client engagement, new product development, business strategy and planning, client communications and the ongoing development of marketing materials. Moreover, team members are responsible for communicating the investment process to potential clients, interpreting portfolio performance and analytics for existing clients, and serving as the bridge between our investment and research process with clients both internal and external to GSAM. The Client Portfolio Management team also works closely with other areas of the firm, including institutional, third party and private wealth management sales, risk and performance analytics, marketing and communications, media relations, as well as legal and compliance.
A member within the QIS Client Portfolio Management team is responsible for positioning products to new and prospective clients, as well as managing institutional, third-party and high net worth client relationships. The individual would be integral in the prioritization of a focused sales strategy and marketing campaigns for both new and existing products globally. Additionally, we expect team members to be able to leverage technology to solve analytical problems and produce analysis on markets and investment strategies. As such, some experience in data-analysis or computer science is ideal. This includes familiarity with a programming language such as C / C++, Java, Python, R, Matlab. An intellectual curiosity towards discovering new ways to answer analytical questions and solve scalable business problems by leveraging technology is expected.
All team members are expected to stay fully engaged with the ongoing research and trading developments of the business in order to more effectively communicate to clients and relationship managers. Team members should have a quantitative orientation and be comfortable with numbers/statistics, and at the same time possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Team members will also gain a broad-based understanding of the asset management business and hedge fund industry through interacting with a variety of teams and clients across the division.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Serve as a product expert on QIS investment products and hedge funds to both internal and external clients of the Division and Firm
- Educate internal and external groups on focused products
- Work closely with sales force and prepare relevant marketing materials
- Devise detailed marketing campaign
- Leverage technology to solve analytical problems and produce analysis on markets and investment strategies
- Monitor feedback and highlight opportunities with persistent follow-up
- Work with team members to identify client solutions/products to market
- Work with investment team to develop investment products
- Conduct competitive analyses, peer group analyses and overall market research
- Develop solid working relationships with our QIS investment teams, working closely with portfolio managers, researches and investment specialists to gain investment insight to be used in our marketing collateral.
- Develop and demonstrate in-depth knowledge of multi-asset strategies and the markets in which they invest, becoming experts in the communication of those markets.
- Quantitative orientation; finance and statistics knowledge
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Computer programming background or experience is ideal (experience with a programming language such as (C / C++, Java, Python, R, Matlab)
- Thrives in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Strong interest in the financial markets and good investment sense/commercial instinct
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Experience and background with quantitative techniques and investment strategies would be preferable
- Organized and deadline driven
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and think clearly under pressure
- Creativity and problem-solving skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top