GSAM, Product Strategy, Analyst/Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
We are seeking an Analyst or Associate, as part of the Product Management team, who will be primarily responsible for enhancing sales and increasing client retention through technical support for the GSAM's mutual funds and other forms of managed accounts.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
This role resides in the U.S. Client Business Product Strategy Group within GSAM. The team is responsible for facilitating product sales through product development, technical sales support, and delivery of competitive insights to the US TPD sales teams and intermediary clients serving retail, higher-net-worth, corporate retirement plans, and some direct institutional investors.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Work closely with sales teams to facilitate product sales by providing a high level of technical expertise across the range of relevant products. This will include communication of investment process, portfolio positioning, points of competitive differentiation, and analysis of investment results
- Elevate the product proficiency/effectiveness of GSAM sales professional through ongoing training, communication of relevant portfolio analytics and the development of sales ideas.
- Coordinate with relevant portfolio management teams, members of the Product Strategy Group, and sales and marketing groups to develop and deliver relevant, highly impactful portfolio insights and product positioning idea
- Provide ongoing competitive analysis and development of product positioning strategies
- Train internal sales teams on products and impacts of market events on strategies
- Fulfill general inquiries from various sales teams
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum Bachelor's degree (U.S. or equivalent),
- Excellent communication skills, especially the ability to explain complex technical concepts in simple terms
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work effectively with others
- Strong work ethic and commercial perspective
- Strong technical skills including high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required. Some programming capability a plus
- Demonstrated interest and aptitude for financial markets and securities
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top