GSAM, Pricing Analysis & Strategies, Analyst, New York
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
We are seeking a highly quantitative analyst to join our Pricing Analysis & Strategies (PAS) team with Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM). In this role you will help enhance and improve GSAM's fixed fee (FF) and performance fee (PF) pricing effectiveness, provide a centralized resource for all aspects of GSAM's PF business, and manage the application for the Most Favored Nations clauses (MFNs) across GSAM.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
The PAS team sits within GSAM and partners with GSAM's portfolio management and institutional sales teams located in financial centers around the world. PAS has three primary objectives associated with the pricing of investment products for GSAM's institutional clients:
- Enhance and improve GSAM's FF and PF pricing effectiveness. Influence and optimize both FF and PF pricing; Build and strengthen analytical pricing models and tools; Educate product and distribution teams on pricing analytics and impact of pricing effectiveness; Develop and leverage websites in order to achieve an efficient pricing process; and Track and report pricing effectiveness.
- Provide a centralized resource for all aspects of GSAM's PF business. Negotiate and close new PF business; Optimize PF methodologies, language, and vesting dates in Investment Management Agreements (IMAs) and Offering Memoranda (OMs); Create monthly PF projection metrics packages for senior management; and Calculate actual PFs upon vesting for Client Billing.
- Manage the application of MFNs across GSAM. Establish criteria for accepting MFN proposals; Drive MFN negotiations with clients; Optimize and approve MFN language in client IMAs; and Track and report MFN investment mandate population.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Contribute to new business development initiatives: Focus on all aspects of pricing opportunities with GSAM's institutional clients and prospects for investments in equities (stocks), fixed income (bonds), and alternatives (currencies, commodities, real estate, etc.).
- Improve GSAM's institutional asset management pricing processes: Analyze revenue and profitability of GSAM's new and existing business; Identify trends in pricing of GSAM's new business versus existing business; Compare GSAM's pricing to competitor pricing; Collect and analyze data on published fee schedules, as well as actual fees paid by large institutional clients of GSAM and competitors.
- Assist with business support activities: Project future performance fee earnings; Calculate actual performance fee vestings; Allocate multi-product revenues to product teams; and Validate compliance with MFNs.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Masters/Bachelor's degree with an Economics, Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, or Statistics major
- Strong quantitative and technical abilities
- Strong interest in the financial markets and good investment sense/commercial instinct
- Interest in Chartered Financial Analyst designation (CFA)
- Drive, enthusiasm, creativity and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills, entrepreneurial, creative thinker, detail-oriented
- Personal integrity, initiative and leadership qualities
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team in an environment that demands excellence, time and energy
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top