GSAM, International Client Business, Market Strategy Team, Market Strategist, Italian speaking - Vice President/Executive Director
- London, United Kingdom
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and ergonomic services to wellbeing and resilience offerings, we offer our people the flexibility and support they need to reach their goals in and outside of the office.
As a Market Strategist within our Strategic Advisory Solutions (SAS) Team based in London, you will work with clients across the International Client Business area of Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) - specifically, the EMEA and AEJ regions. You will be primarily responsible for developing and delivering in-depth macro insights to help clients understand dynamic markets. This expertise is delivered on a consultative basis to clients through several regular global publications, including the weekly GSAM SAS Market Monitor, the monthly Market Pulse, and the tri-annual Market Know-How, as well as through presentations at conferences, one-on-one meetings, and other events.
GSAM delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform and is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define and execute solutions for clients.
Developing differentiated market insight and leveraging firmwide capabilities, the Market Strategy component of SAS enhances GSAM product sales efforts globally by providing a high level of technical and consultative guidance to, and via:
- (65%) the GSAM sales teams focused on intermediaries serving retail, high-net-worth, and UHNW individual investors, specifically:
- the home offices or headquarters of the intermediaries
- in certain countries, including Italy, the advisors affiliated with the intermediaries. (We do not generally work directly with end investors although, through their advisor, some of our work is intended for those investors.)
- (25%) institutional clients including public and private pension funds, central banks, endowments, foundations, sovereign wealth funds, and the consultants with whom they work
- (10%) nonfinancial corporate clients (treasury management teams) associated with GSAM's cash business
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL:
- Assist with all facets of the team's consultative services, including assisting with development, creation, and dissemination of client-facing content that is distributed around the world, and providing analytical support for various client and internal deliverables
- Deliver content via client calls, in-person meetings, and conferences, as well as internal calls and training sessions
- Research competitor offerings and other inputs relevant to the positioning of existing offerings and development of new capabilities
- Leverage strong command of various systems and analytical tools (e.g., Haver, Morningstar, Bloomberg, and FactSet) to develop insightful reports and analyses to assist with sales and client retention
- Act as an informational bridge between senior management, the salesforce, portfolio management teams, GSAM marketing, and client firms
- Significant travel (25-60%, though the frequency tends to be seasonal) across the EMEA and AEJ regions
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 6-12 years of financial services (or equivalent) experience
- Knowledge of investment management, mutual fund, and/or ETF businesses
- Understanding of advanced concepts in capital markets, macro investing, economics, finance, and strategic and tactical asset allocation
- Demonstrated experience engaging clients across a wide range of investment sophistication levels in both written material and formal presentations
- Business fluency in English and Italian are a must; German, Spanish, or Cantonese a plus
- Strong analytical, writing, editing, and presentation capabilities that together can design a compelling narrative and investment thesis, supported by data, as well as and identify strengths and weaknesses in other themes developed by the team and by other areas of the firm
- Familiarity with advanced capabilities of PowerPoint and Excel to design and deliver data-driven analyses and presentations
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others
- Demonstrated proficiency in multi-tasking, problem solving, and deadline management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent work ethic and attention to detail
- Commercial perspective
- Significant progress towards, or completion of, graduate degree and/or CFA charter
- Passing regulatory exams will be required soon after joining the team
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top